XP and OWA

Post by johnny b » Fri, 02 May 2003 22:32:01

My XP users are having a problem logging into OWA from outside the
building. It is on an NT 4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp4, IIS 4.0. I had to
reinstall IIS after a virus attack. All other clients log in just fine,
except the XP users. When they put in their login information and click
o.k., it starts to login then comes back to the login screen. It changes
their user name to webpageurl\username. Even after changing the username
to domainname\username, it does the same thing. Also, how do I get rid
of the domain field on the login screen.

Thanks,

XP and OWA

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Tue, 06 May 2003 02:46:15

Hi Johnny

Try the steps in this article

Q299838 Unable to Negotiate Kerberos Authentication After Upgrading to
Internet
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q299838

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> My XP users are having a problem logging into OWA from outside the
> building. It is on an NT 4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp4, IIS 4.0. I had to
> reinstall IIS after a virus attack. All other clients log in just fine,
> except the XP users. When they put in their login information and click
> o.k., it starts to login then comes back to the login screen. It changes
> their user name to webpageurl\username. Even after changing the username
> to domainname\username, it does the same thing. Also, how do I get rid
> of the domain field on the login screen.

> Thanks,

XP and OWA

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Tue, 06 May 2003 06:34:12

Hi Johnny

See if this helps

Q299838 Unable to Negotiate Kerberos Authentication After Upgrading to
Internet
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q299838
--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> My XP users are having a problem logging into OWA from outside the
> building. It is on an NT 4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp4, IIS 4.0. I had to
> reinstall IIS after a virus attack. All other clients log in just fine,
> except the XP users. When they put in their login information and click
> o.k., it starts to login then comes back to the login screen. It changes
> their user name to webpageurl\username. Even after changing the username
> to domainname\username, it does the same thing. Also, how do I get rid
> of the domain field on the login screen.

> Thanks,

XP and OWA

Post by Mem » Tue, 06 May 2003 18:43:48

            Alternative to Outlook
            Scaleable web-based access Exchange
            on- or offline, Try it for free
            www.HiPerExchange.com
            Interest:

Quote:> My XP users are having a problem logging into OWA from outside the
> building. It is on an NT 4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp4, IIS 4.0. I had to
> reinstall IIS after a virus attack. All other clients log in just fine,
> except the XP users. When they put in their login information and click
> o.k., it starts to login then comes back to the login screen. It changes
> their user name to webpageurl\username. Even after changing the username
> to domainname\username, it does the same thing. Also, how do I get rid
> of the domain field on the login screen.

> Thanks,

begin 666 pos_bar.gif

`
end

begin 666 neg_bar.gif

`
end

1. XP and OWA

My XP users are having a problem logging into OWA from outside the
building. It is on an NT 4.0 sp6a, Exchange 5.5 sp4, IIS 4.0. I had to
reinstall IIS after a virus attack. All other clients log in just fine,
except the XP users. When they put in their login information and click
o.k., it starts to login then comes back to the login screen. It changes
their user name to webpageurl\username. Even after changing the username
to domainname\username, it does the same thing. Also, how do I get rid
of the domain field on the login screen.

Thanks,

2. OWA error

3. Windows XP and OWA

4. server losing proxy