Windows XP and IM

Post by cvhyat » Fri, 16 Nov 2001 04:20:12

Hello:

I was wondering if anyone new how to configure the IM for
Windows XP to work with Exchange 2000.  Some people have
posted that you should uninstall the IM from XP and
install the exchange one then reinstall the IM from XP.
I can't see how to do that--I think it is an integrated
feature with no uninstalling option. Any information
pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated.

-Chris Hyatt, MCSE+I, CCNA, CNA

Windows XP and IM

Post by Simon Kal » Thu, 22 Nov 2001 19:03:59

If you goto: -

http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2000/IMclient.asp

There is now a new client for XP that works with Exchange.

Simon

Quote:> Hello:

> I was wondering if anyone new how to configure the IM for
> Windows XP to work with Exchange 2000.  Some people have
> posted that you should uninstall the IM from XP and
> install the exchange one then reinstall the IM from XP.
> I can't see how to do that--I think it is an integrated
> feature with no uninstalling option. Any information
> pertaining to this would be greatly appreciated.

> -Chris Hyatt, MCSE+I, CCNA, CNA

1. ??? Converting Windows 3.1 IM to Win95 IM, *.eml to Win95 IM

Greetings,

Several problems, but all relate to Internet Mail Client. As I was away for
a few days from my machine and wished to view and save my E-mail while at
various sites, saved them two different ways, as follows:

location 1 ... using IN 95, saved the messages as *.eml files to a floppy
disk

location2 ... using Windows 3.1 IN, saved messages, folders to a zip file.
viewing folders reveals each entry (i.e.: Raaaaadm.r), etc.

Now back home, unable to import either type, if you can help, please do, as
I need to update several folders with these messages received while I was
away ...

Thanks ...

2. Tracking log analasys

3. Reduce size of priv.edb

4. Changing the Service Account name in an existing site

5. Online Defrag

6. Windows XP, Office XP & Server 2000

7. Exchange2000 and office XP and windows XP

8. Windows XP - Outlook XP logon error to Exchange 2000 SP2

9. windows XP outlook XP exchange 2000