Rehomed Public Folders/Rules No Longer Work

Rehomed Public Folders/Rules No Longer Work

Post by Rob » Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:40:01

I have an Exchange 5.5 server that contained all my public
folders. We are migrating to Exchange 2000. I have
replicated all the folders to the Exchange 2000 server. I
waited a few days to make sure all the data was
replicated. I have rehomed all my folders to the Exchange
2000 server since I will eventually remove the Exchange
5.5 server. The rules were working for all my folders up
until yesterday. I have a folder called Logs sub-folders A
thru P. I have rules set on Logs that anytime an email is
sent to Logs with A (thru P) in the subject line it
forwards to the A subfolder. However, since I have rehomed
all my folders these rules are not working. The emails
just sit in the Logs folder. I tried removing a rule (like
A) and recreated it but it still doesn't work. I can set a
rule on Logs to forward a copy to me and that works fine.
Just not with the public folders. I know it has something
to do with me rehoming them. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

Hi,
According to KB-article 307917 I wanted a new ExchangeServer to be our main
server.
I set up a new Exchange 2k-preSp4 on W2kpre-Sp4 Server made him to a
AD-member server a.s.o.
I can move users from one site to the new one but according to the
KB-article 288150 iI checked if rehoming the public folders would work.
For the first view, everything is fine, replication status is "In Sync" but
a moved user cannot see any of the public folders from the old server
neither in Outlook nor in OWA. BUT: A created folder on the new server is
visible on the old server after synchronizing!
I tried to synchronize manually, everything means "OK" but nothing helped.
I cannot believe in this behaviour to be "by design" and now Im unsure to
really remove the old server....

Any good idea?

THNX - Sascha

2. mail forwording

3. Help needed: PST recovery

4. Exchange public folder smtp address no longer works

5. Instant Messaging Server

6. rehomed public folders not visible on new Exchange2k

7. Public folder replication between two exchange organisations

8. Rules for Custom Recipients no longer work!?

9. Rules no longer work ?