Cannot Add or View Attachments

Post by Joe » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 10:48:42

I'm currently running Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Win 2K SP3
Server.  Whenever, I open Outlook and view an attached
email I receive this error message: Could not open 1 or
more attachments.

When I try to include an attachment in an email I receive
this error: The Operation Falied.

Every user is experiencing this problem all of a sudden.

Any ideas?

Cannot Add or View Attachments

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Mon, 07 Jul 2003 23:30:13

Any errors in the app log on the server?

> I'm currently running Exchange 2000 SP3 on a Win 2K SP3
> Server.  Whenever, I open Outlook and view an attached
> email I receive this error message: Could not open 1 or
> more attachments.

> When I try to include an attachment in an email I receive
> this error: The Operation Falied.

> Every user is experiencing this problem all of a sudden.

> Any ideas?

Cannot Add or View Attachments

Post by Joe » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:06:15

Yes, it comes from the MSExchangeIS.  It states that it's
having trouble sending mail to a user.  My guess the
information store is not accepting attachments, even
though I don't have anything blocked at this point.

Post by Joe » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 01:20:04

This is an example of the many of errors I'm getting in
the Application Log:

Date: <date>
Source: MSExchangeIS
Time: <time>
Category: Content
Engine Type: Error
Event ID: 12003
User: N/A
Computer: <servername>
processing message

subject 'test'.

I checked out Q298415 and looked at my reg settings.  The
working file, is pointing to the right folder.