Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 Encryption (?)

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 Encryption (?)

Post by Rob » Fri, 09 May 2003 23:09:20

There's an option in the Outlook 2003 Beta settings to encrypt all mail sent
between the Exchange 2003 Server RC2 and the Outlook client. If I'm
connecting to the server via RPC over HTTP with no digital certificates or
proxy servers, is the mail actually encrypted?

Thanks,
Rob

Exchange 2003/Outlook 2003 Encryption (?)

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sun, 01 Jun 2003 22:50:49

Rob,

I haven't tested this out, but the quickest way to find whether the mail is
encrypted is to use netmon (or your preferred packet sniffing tool) and see
for yourself. Typically, we don't put checkboxes that have no function into
our products so I would expect that you will see encrypted traffic. If you
don't, please reply to the list so that I may investigate this further for
you.

Hope this helps,
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> There's an option in the Outlook 2003 Beta settings to encrypt all mail