Outlook2000 clients receiving old e-mails after Exchange2000 re-boot

Outlook2000 clients receiving old e-mails after Exchange2000 re-boot

Post by James Brwe » Thu, 01 May 2003 22:54:00

Please help.  Whenever I re-boot our Exchange2000 server
our Outlook2000 clients receive old e-mail they have dealt
with/deleted.

I noticed a posting from Wade Coleman 04/10/03, and Scott
Fellman suggested looking at http://support.microsoft.com/?
id=292249 concerning POP3.  We are using an SMTP connector
on our Exchange server rather than a POP3 connector.

Can anyone help or have had any experience with this
problem.

JimBob B.

Outlook2000 clients receiving old e-mails after Exchange2000 re-boot

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:12:57

JimBob.

Are these offline users? If so, maybe we need to look at their sync options
from the client side. Where do the old emails arrive? Do they come back to
the deleted items folder? Also, I am assuming that you only have the
Exchange Service added since this is what we recommend with Outlook 2000.

Scott Felllman
Microsoft

Quote:> Please help.  Whenever I re-boot our Exchange2000 server
> our Outlook2000 clients receive old e-mail they have dealt
> with/deleted.

> I noticed a posting from Wade Coleman 04/10/03, and Scott
> Fellman suggested looking at http://support.microsoft.com/?
> id=292249 concerning POP3.  We are using an SMTP connector
> on our Exchange server rather than a POP3 connector.

> Can anyone help or have had any experience with this
> problem.

> JimBob B.

Outlook2000 clients receiving old e-mails after Exchange2000 re-boot

Post by James Brewe » Sat, 03 May 2003 17:26:59

Hi Scott, thanks for replying.  No, the clients are all
connected to the network.  The e-mails arrive in their
Inbox's.

Yes it is only the Exchange Server Service that has been
added to their profiles.  Have all the latest SP's for
Exchange2000 and all the latest SP's for Outlook2000
clients.

Have a mixture of client terminal users and client PC
users and this problem effects both, as well as our remote
users.

Had a problem with our Exchange server about three months
ago concerning circular logging.  Below is the log of the
IT problem I logged and the solution.

"Circular logging needs to be On!!

Exchange has been creating 5MB log files at frequent
intervals, disk space on Exchange drive down to 1.8MB

Deleted 600MB (of 7GB) log files, left the rest so that
the database can repair itself.
Enabled cirular logging, to reuse same file."

Not sure if this helps Scott.

confers no rights.

message

>> Please help.  Whenever I re-boot our Exchange2000 server
>> our Outlook2000 clients receive old e-mail they have
dealt
>> with/deleted.

>> I noticed a posting from Wade Coleman 04/10/03, and
Scott
>> Fellman suggested looking at

http://support.microsoft.com/?

Quote:>> id=292249 concerning POP3.  We are using an SMTP
connector
>> on our Exchange server rather than a POP3 connector.

>> Can anyone help or have had any experience with this
>> problem.

>> JimBob B.

>.

1. Send/Receive from Outlook2000 Client downloads old messages from In Box

A remote client using Outlook2000 receives the same messages over and over
each time he hits Send/Receive. The client properties
are set under the Advanced tab with the box option to leave messages on the
server Unchecked.  It seems this option isn't working as it should.
Mesasges from his in box on the server are staying on the server after he
downloads them to his client system.
Appreciate any input on this issue.

Thanks,
ZAW

2. DNS Configuration

3. Outlook2000/Exchange5.5 - Client must hit send/receive or change folders to dlever/receive mail

4. Blocking Internet address

5. Exchange2000 Server - Outlook2000 Client and Internet Email

6. Exchnage 2000 Public Foder received mail

7. Error when opening .pst and .pab on Outlook2000 client to Exchange2000

8. D-Link and Outlook

9. Ras clients receive old mail

10. Outlook2000 can receive mail but not send mail on ras connection

11. No Transport Provider when receive email via Exchange Client and reply via Internet Mail Client

12. old SMTP e-mail re-sent after server reboot

13. Exchange resending old mail (at reboot?)