Outlook Check Names no longer working

Post by patste » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:21:55

After migrating from 5.5 to 2000, 4 out of 20 outlook
client users can not automatically resolve names from the
global address list.  Manually hitting Ctrl, K works, but
settings for Automatic Name Checking is on. I've reloaded
Outlook on these PCs, but still no luck.  No
W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe hotfix has been applied to the Global
Catalog server to incur any mapi issues and all users have
same outlook version/tcpip settings/etc.  Any advice is
greatly appreciated for this lame but annoying little
problem.

Outlook Check Names no longer working

Post by Melissa Travers [MS » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 06:29:21

Are the users visible in the GAL?  I am assuming no.  Are the users stamped
with an email address on the email address tab in Active Directory Users and
Computers?  If not, you may want to troubleshoot the Recipient Update
Services.  If you put in the name of the Global Catalog Server instead of
the Exchange Server does this fail?  If at all possible in your production
environment, a reboot of the Global Catalog and the Exchange Server may
resolve this.  Again, I know a reboot in production is not always possible
or needs to be scheduled.

But here is an article that may be helpful

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q297/8/01.asp

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> After migrating from 5.5 to 2000, 4 out of 20 outlook
> client users can not automatically resolve names from the
> global address list.  Manually hitting Ctrl, K works, but
> settings for Automatic Name Checking is on. I've reloaded
> Outlook on these PCs, but still no luck.  No
> W2K_SP3_x86_en.exe hotfix has been applied to the Global
> Catalog server to incur any mapi issues and all users have
> same outlook version/tcpip settings/etc.  Any advice is
> greatly appreciated for this lame but annoying little
> problem.

1. Auto Name checking not working in Outlook 98

We recently upgraded to Exchange 2000 and since then we have some Outlook
98 clients that will not automatically resolve email addresses in the "To"
field.  Will not even resolve names from the Global Address List.  I have
check all settings and options and everything is set right, as far as I
know.  Any help will be appreciated.  Thanks.

2. How do I uninstall Exchange 2000?

3. Outlook Name Resolution(check name)

4. How do I recover 1 deleted message & attachment?

5. URGENT - Need some direction

6. Exchange 5.5 Winnt 4 SP6A, Name checking stops working

7. importing contacts

8. Check names only works when I point to the first server in our organization

9. OL98 Automatic Name Check does not work

10. Automatic Name Checking not working

11. Check names not working - Public and personal address books

12. Check names doesn't work