ActiveX connection problem.

Post by Graeme Adams » Fri, 16 May 1997 04:00:00

:> Folks,
:>
:> I have Exchange 5.0, up and running apparently OK.  A couple of Exchange
:> clients, and the rest NetScape/IExplorer POP3.
:>
:> I installed ActiveX on the ISS 3.0 server here on the same machine
:> (200Mhx MMX w/64 Meg RAM and 9.1 gb total HD), and the demo web sites
:> work fine.
:>
:> I then installed the ActiveX stuff for Exchange 5.0.  The install seems
:> to have gone OK.
:>
:> BUT, when I try to access the site, the server has a quick flurry of
:> disk activity, then nothing.  The client sees a blank screen with "host
:> contacted, waiting for reply".  The CPU usage goes to 100%, with about
:> half red and half green (user/system).  A process called "DSAMAIN.EXE"
:> is eating most of the realtime, and cannot be stopped.
:>
:> The only cure is to stop the Exchange Service with the control panel
:> services icon, which also stops most of the other exchange stuff.  Then,
:> it can be restarted ok.
:>
:> If you try to reach Exchange from a client browser during the time
:> Exchange is stopped, the browser connects fine, and has a page returned
:> that says the Exchange server is stopped, and to try again.  This tells
:> me the WEB page is setup correctly, at least.
:>
:> Does anyone have any ideas?

As was mentioned by someone in another thread, the fix is to make sure that
LDAP anonymous access is permitted, from the LDAP setup in Exchange Admin.

I had the same problem, tested it, and it works.

Graeme
Graeme Adamson of the Clan Mackintosh, INTJ

- di omnes amant fenestras XCV

1. ActiveX connection problem.

:> Folks,
:>
[...]

2. Is it possible: Let a PDC join another domain

3. HUGE Exchange problem

4. Custom OWA forms in Exchange 2000

5. Exchange problem

6. CDO 1.21 problems in ActiveX dll

7. Connection, Connection, Connection?!

8. how can i close a browser window in activex dociments

9. Cant create ActiveX component in Event Agent?