dialling long distance

Post by Fabio Salvador » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi John,
if i'd well-understood, it is simple.
You should setup two different remote-access sessions
and then in Internet Mail you choose Mail - Options and the right
connection-dialling.
If i did not understood, be free
to e-mail me more informations: i'll be happy to help you (i'll try..:))

Fabio Salvadori

Quote:> I am in the UK. My dialling propoerties (for use by ms fax in exchange)
> were set to add the mercury code when dialling ling distance.

> However my ISP connects via a linkline at local rates - but the dialler
> tries to add the mercury code.

> Can I configure Internet mail and MS Fax to have different dialling
> properties ?

> Any other workaround ?

> John Owens

> p.s. I tried the idea of

>  'local code, 0345, number,'

>  it doesn't work

dialling long distance

Post by Richard Aver » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

You can get a domestic equivalent of the Mercury smart box for FREE now
from Mercury. The contact number was in my recent Mercury magazine - I will
post it if I find it!

--

The content of this message represents personal opinion and is not in any
way representative of Nortel.

Quote:> I am in the UK. My dialling propoerties (for use by ms fax in exchange)
> were set to add the mercury code when dialling ling distance.

> However my ISP connects via a linkline at local rates - but the dialler
> tries to add the mercury code.

> Can I configure Internet mail and MS Fax to have different dialling
> properties ?

> Any other workaround ?

> John Owens

[Snip]

dialling long distance

Post by John Owen » Sun, 08 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Thanks I rang them .

They are sending one.
It might not work for me becasue I use my computer and the normal fax
through a splitter. But we will try !!

John

Quote:> You can get a domestic equivalent of the Mercury smart box for FREE now
> from Mercury. The contact number was in my recent Mercury magazine - I
will
> post it if I find it!

1. FAX dials 1 for long distance

There are 2 area codes adjacent to mine that are local calls as long as the
number is inside the local call area.  If you dial  1 in front of those area
codes when the call is inside the local area, you get a recording that tells
you not to dial a 1.  You don't get connected.  MS FAX has a check box that
appears to allow you to specify that it not dial a 1 for long distance - but
when I set it up that way, it dials a 1 any way.  If I try to get around it by
telling it I have the same area code then it doesn't dial the area code.  My
old fax program (RAPIDCOMM) had the capability to let me dial the number
manually and then click to send.  That worked good. I can't find this
capability in MS FAX.  Does anybody know what I can do ?    Thanks.
Bill Schaible.  Seattle, Washington  USA

2. No IMAP access to E2K

3. SAVE UP TO 80% IN LONG-DISTANCE CALLS!

4. free/busy replication

5. Upgrading to Exchange 2000 and ADS

6. long distance internet/vpn connection freezes

7. Exchange 2000 and Win98 Clients

8. SAVE UP TO 80% IN LONG-DISTANCE CALLS!

9. Eliminating a long-distance delay

10. Different Area Code not Long Distance

11. Long Distance W/in Area Code Fax Problem

12. Different Area Code but NOT Long Distance