Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Warren Cund » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:26:11

Hi All,

In our office we are using Exchange 5.5 Sp4 and Outlook 2000 clients.  We
currently have a few mail accounts set up for the sole purpose of room &
resource booking (Boardroom, Meeting Room, LCD projector, etc.)  Currently,
if you "invite" one of these resources to a room, you have to go into their
account and accept it for them, or as is more commonly done, you go into
their calendar and add the appointment.

Is there any way of allowing accounts to force-accept an appointment from
another individual, or anything that can streamline this process.

Thanks.

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by PatriciaC - [MVP - Outlook » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:56:46

Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Microsoft Outlook MVP

Quote:> Hi All,

> In our office we are using Exchange 5.5 Sp4 and Outlook 2000 clients.  We
> currently have a few mail accounts set up for the sole purpose of room &
> resource booking (Boardroom, Meeting Room, LCD projector, etc.)
Currently,
> if you "invite" one of these resources to a room, you have to go into
their
> account and accept it for them, or as is more commonly done, you go into
> their calendar and add the appointment.

> Is there any way of allowing accounts to force-accept an appointment from
> another individual, or anything that can streamline this process.

> Thanks.

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Linnea Cudmor » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:03:48

The Tools--> Options-->Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling

will only work if the calendar is logged on and open.
If you want to auto reply to off-line request you need to setup an Auto
Reply Script.

The Web site below has information on how to set this up.
http://www.exchangecode.com/

Linnea

> Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling.

> --
> Patricia Cardoza
> Microsoft Outlook MVP

> > Hi All,

> > In our office we are using Exchange 5.5 Sp4 and Outlook 2000 clients.
We
> > currently have a few mail accounts set up for the sole purpose of room &
> > resource booking (Boardroom, Meeting Room, LCD projector, etc.)
> Currently,
> > if you "invite" one of these resources to a room, you have to go into
> their
> > account and accept it for them, or as is more commonly done, you go into
> > their calendar and add the appointment.

> > Is there any way of allowing accounts to force-accept an appointment
from
> > another individual, or anything that can streamline this process.

> > Thanks.

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Sue Moshe » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 06:13:50

Not quite true. In Outlook 2000, users can book directly without the need
for the calendar to be open.

> The Tools--> Options-->Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling

> will only work if the calendar is logged on and open.
> If you want to auto reply to off-line request you need to setup an Auto
> Reply Script.

> The Web site below has information on how to set this up.
> http://www.exchangecode.com/

> Linnea

> > Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling.

> > --
> > Patricia Cardoza
> > Microsoft Outlook MVP

> > > Hi All,

> > > In our office we are using Exchange 5.5 Sp4 and Outlook 2000 clients.
> We
> > > currently have a few mail accounts set up for the sole purpose of room
&
> > > resource booking (Boardroom, Meeting Room, LCD projector, etc.)
> > Currently,
> > > if you "invite" one of these resources to a room, you have to go into
> > their
> > > account and accept it for them, or as is more commonly done, you go
into
> > > their calendar and add the appointment.

> > > Is there any way of allowing accounts to force-accept an appointment
> from
> > > another individual, or anything that can streamline this process.

> > > Thanks.

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by jaco » Fri, 23 Mar 2001 23:32:23

You're right,
in contrast to outlook98: using Ol2000, there is no need for a client to be
logged on all the time

> Not quite true. In Outlook 2000, users can book directly without the need
> for the calendar to be open.

> > The Tools--> Options-->Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling

> > will only work if the calendar is logged on and open.
> > If you want to auto reply to off-line request you need to setup an Auto
> > Reply Script.

> > The Web site below has information on how to set this up.
> > http://www.exchangecode.com/

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Warren Cund » Sat, 24 Mar 2001 03:31:40

Do you mean that I can log in under the profile in question, say
"Boardroom", and set this property, log out and never worry about it again?

Thanks

-Warren

> You're right,
> in contrast to outlook98: using Ol2000, there is no need for a client to
be
> logged on all the time

> > Not quite true. In Outlook 2000, users can book directly without the
need
> > for the calendar to be open.

> > > The Tools--> Options-->Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling

> > > will only work if the calendar is logged on and open.
> > > If you want to auto reply to off-line request you need to setup an
Auto
> > > Reply Script.

> > > The Web site below has information on how to set this up.
> > > http://www.exchangecode.com/

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Linnea Cudmor » Sun, 25 Mar 2001 06:26:55

Yes the uses can book directly without the meeting room mailbox being open
but the auto-reply to emailed meeting requests doesn't work.  I had to use
the server scripts.  I am running Exchange 5.5  perhaps in Exchange 2000 the
offline booking will work better.

> Not quite true. In Outlook 2000, users can book directly without the need
> for the calendar to be open.

> > The Tools--> Options-->Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling

> > will only work if the calendar is logged on and open.
> > If you want to auto reply to off-line request you need to setup an Auto
> > Reply Script.

> > The Web site below has information on how to set this up.
> > http://www.exchangecode.com/

> > Linnea

> > > Tools, Options, Calendar Options, Resource Scheduling.

> > > --
> > > Patricia Cardoza
> > > Microsoft Outlook MVP

> > We
> &
> > > Currently,
> > > their
> into

> > from

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Bria » Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:35:50

Why don't you look into AutoAccept util from http://www.exchangecode.com

Brian

Quote:> Hi All,

> In our office we are using Exchange 5.5 Sp4 and Outlook 2000 clients.  We
> currently have a few mail accounts set up for the sole purpose of room &
> resource booking (Boardroom, Meeting Room, LCD projector, etc.)
Currently,
> if you "invite" one of these resources to a room, you have to go into
their
> account and accept it for them, or as is more commonly done, you go into
> their calendar and add the appointment.

> Is there any way of allowing accounts to force-accept an appointment from
> another individual, or anything that can streamline this process.

> Thanks.

Auto-Accepting Calendar Invitations?

Post by Neal Tucke » Fri, 27 Apr 2001 16:01:50

That sounds like what they're saying, Yes.  You will also want to
"Automatically decline conflicting meeting requests" to the resource won't
be double-booked.

> Do you mean that I can log in under the profile in question, say
> "Boardroom", and set this property, log out and never worry about it
again?

> Thanks

> -Warren

> > You're right,
> > in contrast to outlook98: using Ol2000, there is no need for a client to
> be
> > logged on all the time

> > > Not quite true. In Outlook 2000, users can book directly without the
> need
> > > for the calendar to be open.

> Auto

1. Meeting Rooms as users/resources - auto accept invitations isn't working

Hi!

I've set up our meeting rooms as users with mailboxes. Logged in and set up
the calendar options so that they will auto-accept meetings and auto-decline
overlapping entries. Should be very well, but they don't do that :( If I log
on and open the inbox the invitations says please respond. Anyone know how
to fix this?

Lars-Erik

2. Moving Exchange

3. Auto-accept meeting invitations

4. Slow performance with outlook customform

5. auto accept meeting requests on public calendars

6. CHANGE YOUR LIFESTYLE NOW id 7282

7. Public Calendars/busy search and auto accepting appointments

8. Problems moving items to workflow

9. Auto-accept for Calendars

10. Auto accept in calendar

11. Automatically Accepting Meeting Invitations

12. OWA Calendar invitations lack information...

13. attendee not receiving invitation in calendar