Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by Thomas S. Arabudzk » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I've been using Inbox for a while now, but have recently installed Outlook
97 onto my computer.  When ever I start up Outlook now, I can access
everything in it, with the exception of getting new mail.  I have no
problem sending mail, but when I try to receive mail, I get the following
error message:

        A message could not be delivered.  Make sure there is sufficient memory
        and disk space and that the message store is accessible, then try again.

I can't understand what Outlook is having a problem with.  I have 50+ MB's
on my C Drive where Outlook is installed to, my PAB & PST files are both
very small, I have 48 MB's of memory in the machine, a Dynamic Swap file
running (which is no where near it's max), always at least 70% User
Resources Free, and at least 5 MB's of actual memory free.  I've tried to
uninstall Outlook 97, and Inbox/Exchange, but nothing seems to help.  It
seems almost like there is some faulty line in my Registry but I can't find
it, and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.  If anyone has any ideas
what the problem is, or where I can find out, I would really appreciate it.
 Thanks.

Thomas S. Arabudzki

Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by John M. Kesle » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem.  In fact, if you've got the
time, I've got a simple question.

What is the OS platform that you have installed Outlook on (Win95/NT, SP)?

I have loaded the beta of Office 97 on my Toshiba Notebook (P75, 40MB,
Win95) and I can't get Outlook to run at all.  It crashes on takeoff
complaining of a page fault in "OUTLRPC.DLL".  I don't have a clue as to
the problem.  Other Office 97 apps seem to run fine...

john k

> I've been using Inbox for a while now, but have recently installed
Outlook
> 97 onto my computer.  When ever I start up Outlook now, I can access
> everything in it, with the exception of getting new mail.  I have no
> problem sending mail, but when I try to receive mail, I get the following
> error message:

>    A message could not be delivered.  Make sure there is sufficient memory
>    and disk space and that the message store is accessible, then try again.

> I can't understand what Outlook is having a problem with.  I have 50+
MB's
> on my C Drive where Outlook is installed to, my PAB & PST files are both
> very small, I have 48 MB's of memory in the machine, a Dynamic Swap file
> running (which is no where near it's max), always at least 70% User
> Resources Free, and at least 5 MB's of actual memory free.  I've tried to
> uninstall Outlook 97, and Inbox/Exchange, but nothing seems to help.  It
> seems almost like there is some faulty line in my Registry but I can't
find
> it, and uninstalling/reinstalling doesn't help.  If anyone has any ideas
> what the problem is, or where I can find out, I would really appreciate
it.
>  Thanks.

> Thomas S. Arabudzki

Outlook 97 Error Message

Post by Ron Bows » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> Sorry, I don't have an answer to your problem.  In fact, if you've got the
> time, I've got a simple question.

> What is the OS platform that you have installed Outlook on (Win95/NT, SP)?

> I have loaded the beta of Office 97 on my Toshiba Notebook (P75, 40MB,
> Win95) and I can't get Outlook to run at all.  It crashes on takeoff
> complaining of a page fault in "OUTLRPC.DLL".  I don't have a clue as to
> the problem.  Other Office 97 apps seem to run fine...

> john k

John,

I don't know if this is the same dll, but there is a problem if you are
running C++ subscription.  One of the updates did not update a dll
properly and outlook would stumble on it.  I think the problem is described
in the readme file.  For your sake, I hope this is the same dll.

Good luck

Ron Bowser

1. Outlook 97 Error Message

[...]

2. Problems w/ Client's connecting via POP3

3. web acces

4. Exchange Server setup

5. Renaming server

6. Error message in Outlook 97!

7. Outlook in Office '97 Vs. Outlook 97

8. Adding email addresses using outlook 97/97/2000

9. Outlook 97 Client Error

10. Error logging into Exchange with Outlook 97