Make Outlook look more like Schedule+

Post by Tonie Hartwigsso » Sun, 25 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I've just upgraded one of my customers
Exchange server to version 5.
I've also changed the client from
Exchange/Schedule+ to Outllok 97.

many of the users complain about the
way Outlook looks compared to Schedule+.

Is it possible to change the colors in Outlook,
especially the background color in the calendar?

Is it possible to change the header in the columns
when you are wieving several days. We want to show
the name of the day and the date, not only the date.

Thanx

Tonie Hartwigsson

#1: No.
#2: This seems to depend on the available width of the column. On my system
at 800x600 resolution with the Calendar window occupying maybe 75% of screen
width:

    1 day    -    Monday, January 26
    2 days -     Mon, Jan 26 and Tue, Jan 27
    3 days -    Mon 26 and Tue 27 and Wed 28
    4 days -    1/26 and 1/27 and 1/28 and 1/29

In other words, Outlook adjusts the column heading to display as much
information as possible, given the font chosen (View | Format View) and
column width. Forcing it to display the date in a particular format is not
possible.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

>#1: Is it possible to change the colors in Outlook,
>especially the background color in the calendar?

>Is it possible to change the header in the columns
>when you are wieving several days. We want to show
>the name of the day and the date, not only the date.

>Thanx

>Tonie Hartwigsson

1. Make Outlook look more like Schedule+

Hi,

I've just upgraded one of my customers
Exchange server to version 5.
I've alspo changed the client from
Exchange/Schedule+ to Outllok 97.

many of the users complain about the
way Outlook looks compared to Schedule+.

Is it possible to change the colors in Outlook,
especially the background color in the calendar?

Is it possible to change the header in the columns
when you are wieving several days. We want to show
the name of the day and the date, not only the date.

Thanx

Tonie Hartwigsson

2. Can't send mail via Outlook Web Access...

3. Uninstall Mailbox Manager?

4. Making Corportate Schedule Public

5. Moving mailboxes...?

6. Making a message look sent programmatically...?

7. Delete files log

8. Schedule+/Outlook Schedules via VB/MAPI????

9. Viewing Schedule+ files in Outlook 2000

10. Schedule+ and Outlook

11. Schedule+ Free/Busy Connector sending messages to Outlook users