remote mail, exchange service, don't get internet address type in address book

remote mail, exchange service, don't get internet address type in address book

Post by Tim » Fri, 20 Feb 1998 04:00:00

i have a user using remote mail and if i only install Exchange Server
service in the exchange client i can't create a new Internet address
recipient type in the address book.  however, when the client is hooked
directly to the network with only exchange service, the internet address
type shows up.

how can i get the internet address type to show up when using remote mail?

thanks in advance,

tim koffley
seattle, wa

1. James Webster : Custom Address Type and Internet Mail Connector Exchange Address [IMCEA]

James,
Here are some additional informtations about my problem :
A user using outlook connected to a mail box on server A is sending a mail
to "[MYTYPE:/PARAM1=XXXX/PARAM2=XXXX]".
Exchange server A is forwarding the message to Exchange server B through
SMTP as a result of a SMTP Connector handling this address type in his
address space.
On Exchange Server B a SMTP Event sink is handlig the message. the
IMMPID_RP_ADDRESS_SMTP properties of the recipient is
"IMCEAMYTYPE-_PARAM1=XXXX_PARAM2=XXXX"
Correct me if I'm wrong but the slash ('/') character is not invalid in the
SMTP local part.
If the same user is using outlook express to send a message to
"IMCEAMYTYPE-/PARAM1=XXXX/PARAM2=XXXX" with SMTP server on Server A, the
slash are not replaced with underscores, when it reaches the Sink on Server
B.
TIA.

2. The name could not be matched to a name in the address list

3. Custom Address Type and Internet Mail Connector Exchange Address [IMCEA]

4. Message Archiving

5. Installing IIS before Exchange 5.5?

6. Viewing HTML

7. Address book does not have Internet Mail Address type

8. Internet Mail Service #don't start# (exchange 5.5)

9. Exchange's Internet Mail Service Fails when IP Addresses are added

10. Unable to add new entry (of type Internet Address) to Personal Address Book