Email Proxy/Server/Lan Connection ??

Post by Khalid Rahama » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi. I hope someone can help me here. I have setup a Windows NT Server as a
Proxy server, which is connected to the internet. The reason being that I
can access the net through all of my other 95 machines using only that one
internet  connection.

Everything works fine, all six of the machines can share the one internet
connection and there is no slowdown in data transfer.

What I wanted help with is to know if i can do the same thing with E-Mail. I
think it can be done, but I am having a problem accessing the mail server
through the LAN. HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, GOPHER all other protocols work fine, but
i can't get the mail to work. Can someone help me with this.

I know there are products out there such as the Intel Internet Station where
the internet can be shared, but i have gotten the same results without
spending $500 on it.

Can someone please help me..Thanks in advance. I would appreciate a response
by email. Thanks again.

Khalid Rahaman
Computer Solutions 2000

1. Email Proxy/Server/Lan Connection ??

[...]

2. Different mail boxes on a single PC

3. Recipient Policy Update

4. Emails Out-Of-Control

5. Error in archive.pst file - repair tool for the inboks ??

6. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

7. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)

8. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot access OWA)

9. OWA and Proxy Server (Internal LAN clients cannot use OWA)