> On every exchange server that has an Entourage Client
> running, the Application Log is filling up with:
> Event ID: 13004
> Desc: Logon attempt from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx has failed:
> AcceptSecurityContext() call failed with errror Access
> Yet, the clients are working fine and have no problems.
> But it seems to log an event for every folder they are
> checking/synching with. This happens every time their
> clients check/send mail. I have change the
> authentication to: <domain>\<userid>\<alias> and they
> still work fine, but the Application log is filling up.
> Anyone out there know what is causing this, and if I can
> stop it? Any help would be GREAT! thanks!
This happends when Entourage can't display one or more mails that
shows without problems in Outlook for Windows. In the list of read and
unread mail there is a mismatch between the number of listed mail and
the summarized number of read and unread. The error number on the
client is 1025.
Try to reapply patches for Entourage/Office 2001. Microsoft has
promised full Exchange support in the next version.
A work-around is to force Windows-clients to send as plain text or
To view messages that allready have caused the error, do the
- Login and open the user's mailbox at an Outlook Windows-client
- As usual the mail will show as unread. Else compare with the list at
- Do not resend/forward, which will cause the same error
- Open the mail, copy the text into a new mail (plain text) to the
- Save attachements from the old mail to ex. desktop and attach them
to the new mail.
- Important: Delete the original mail from inbox and also from deleted
- If you have tried to resend the mail, you have to delete it from the
sent items, and deleted items afterwords.
- Open the error message-list at Entourage and delete all messages
- Empty cache at Entourage. Sometimes you need to remove the account
and reconfigure it at Entourage. All flags etc. will be removed in
Now, Entourage will not cause the error (for a while).
(This was also posted in another discussion
microsoft.public.mac.office.entourage june 5)