Outlook 2000 clients on win98 haveing problems

Outlook 2000 clients on win98 haveing problems

Post by Dan Clar » Thu, 23 May 2002 22:19:58

I have a few users that are on win98 running outlook 2000,
when they try to connect they get the "could not connect
to your exchange server. There may be a network problem or
your server may be down." The only way so far to make this
go away is recheck the name in the exchange service by
deleting it and adding it back in and then check name.
Anyone have any answers please email me.

Thanks
Dan Clark

Outlook 2000 clients on win98 haveing problems

Post by Lanwenc » Sat, 25 May 2002 03:54:51

Name resolution. Are you using WINS?

Quote:> I have a few users that are on win98 running outlook 2000,
> when they try to connect they get the "could not connect
> to your exchange server. There may be a network problem or
> your server may be down." The only way so far to make this
> go away is recheck the name in the exchange service by
> deleting it and adding it back in and then check name.
> Anyone have any answers please email me.

> Thanks
> Dan Clark

Outlook 2000 clients on win98 haveing problems

Post by Dan Clar » Sat, 25 May 2002 21:26:18

Yes on wins, No Dns
> [...]

Post by Lanwenc » Sun, 26 May 2002 01:48:36

Can you ping the Exchange server by name from these computers?

> Yes on wins, No Dns

Post by Dan Clar » Fri, 31 May 2002 21:37:28

Yes
We have also added a entry in the local host file

1. Outlook 2000 in Win98 or 95 cannot connect to Exchange 5.5 under Window 2000

Exchange clients ( Outlook 2000 ) cannot connect to
Exchange 5.5 before default timeout connection expired,
only after one o two "retry Connection", the clients
connect succesfull but very slow. Clients with XP or
Win2000 the connections is FAst and Succesfull.

Server's Configuration:

Primary Domain Controller (PDC) = Windows NT 4 (SERVER1)

EXCHANGE 5.5 (BDC) with Windows 2000 without Active
Directory (SERVER2)

Client's Configuration (with Problems):

Pentium II with Windows 95 or 98 and MS-Office 2000 Prof.

Client's Configuration (without problems):

Pentium III or IV with Windows 2000 or XP and MS-Office
2000 Prof.

Does anyone have any Ideas.

2. Merge MS Exchange and MS Mail In Boxes...How?

3. Outlook 2000 from Win98 accessing Exchange 2000?

4. services hanging on startup

5. Exchange 2000 and Win98 Clients

6. how to create a web-based email server with exchange???

7. Could not access the exchange 2000 from any client having Win98

8. SMTP issue

9. WIN98 clients timeout connecting to Exchange 2000 Server

10. Haveing problems with Dir.EDB

11. Outlook 2000 client on Windows 2000 O/S problem

12. Unable to check name on Exchange server 5.5 from outlook 2000 and win98 in a WAN

13. Outlook 2000 & win98