New XP Pro CLient can't check name on exchange 5.5

New XP Pro CLient can't check name on exchange 5.5

Post by Bob Dickso » Fri, 02 May 2003 10:37:02

Hello All

I run small business server with exchange 5.5 I use
outlook 2000 as the client on two different pc's one with
windows 98 and one with xp home.

Just bought a new xp pro pc and put it on the domain.
Network apprears fine and I can pinger server by name or
ip.

However,

When I went to go configure outlook to the exchange
server it hangs when I click "check name"

KB article 255843 suggestes removing and reinstalling
tcpip but I had no luck.

Any Ideas?

New XP Pro CLient can't check name on exchange 5.5

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Wed, 07 May 2003 10:25:52

Bob,

Try to set your password authentication to "none" in the advanced tab of the
Exchange service. When you try to log on to Exchange, you will be prompted
for your credentials. Does it work then?
--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> Hello All

> I run small business server with exchange 5.5 I use
> outlook 2000 as the client on two different pc's one with
> windows 98 and one with xp home.

> Just bought a new xp pro pc and put it on the domain.
> Network apprears fine and I can pinger server by name or
> ip.

> However,

> When I went to go configure outlook to the exchange
> server it hangs when I click "check name"

> KB article 255843 suggestes removing and reinstalling
> tcpip but I had no luck.

> Any Ideas?

1. Can't connect XP Pro client to Exchange 2000

I am trying to connect Outlook 2000 on a Windows XP Professional box to
Exchange 2000.  I have to use the IP address of the Exchange Server to
"Check Name".  If I use the name of the server it times out.  With the IP it
finds the user and changes the server to the server name.  If I try to do
anything else after that it acts as if it is not connected.  I am doing this
remotely, over the Internet.  Other users are successful.  I don't know if
anyone else is running XP.  Any thoughts?

--

Brad Oby

2. Free Busy Error

3. Use GetAssociatedTask in Exchange folder script?

4. W2K Pro can't check name

5. Changing Naming Convention

6. No new mail with XP Pro Clients

7. Exchange 5.5 Journaling losing attachments

8. Client won't resolve name when clicking check name button

9. Outook 2K client on Win XP Pro machine Not seeing Exch 5.5

10. 2 NICs on XP Pro Client with Exchange 2000 server

11. Exchange client for XP Pro