Export Priv Info Store Mailbox Resources

Export Priv Info Store Mailbox Resources

Post by Aimee Hannafor » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi Everyone,

I have got storage limits set on mailboxes, but no "refuse to send"
limit(that is done on purpose).  With this setup, the users only get an
annoying message about being over the size limit, and either delete it, or
ask how much are they over.  I would like to display the current mailbox
resource sizes and message count on the internal web server for the users to
look themselves.  I would like to be able to access this info realtime, but
wouldn't mind it in a flat text file either.  By the way, I'm running
Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0 SP3 and all the hotfixes.  I have the web access
installed as well w/ IIS 3.0 and all of the hotfixes for that.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Aimee Hannaford, MCSE

Export Priv Info Store Mailbox Resources

Post by Debbie Polloc » Fri, 24 Jul 1998 04:00:00

With Exchange 5.5, go to the private information store properties (site,
server, private information store, mailbox resources properties, Click File
from the menu bar, Click properties) and set the option to prohibit send and
receive at any limit you set. This can also be done for individual users in
the mailbox properties on the limits tab.

 I hope these instructions are close....I'm at home and trying to remember
the precise sequence from memory.

Debbie

Post by Rich Matheis » Sat, 25 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I have got storage limits set on mailboxes, but no "refuse to send"
>limit(that is done on purpose).  With this setup, the users only get an
>annoying message about being over the size limit, and either delete it, or
>ask how much are they over.  I would like to display the current mailbox
>resource sizes and message count on the internal web server for the users to
>look themselves.  I would like to be able to access this info realtime, but
>wouldn't mind it in a flat text file either.  By the way, I'm running
>Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0 SP3 and all the hotfixes.  I have the web access
>installed as well w/ IIS 3.0 and all of the hotfixes for that.

I don't know if DAPI can manage to do this, but if a manually created
CSV file is acceptable then display the server's "Mailbox Resources"
in the admin program's right hand pane. Then place the focus in that
window and use the "File | Save Window Contents..." menu. That will
save the data into a file you can import into anything that
understands the CSV format.

1. Export Priv Info Store Mailbox Resources

Hi Everyone,

I have got storage limits set on mailboxes, but no "refuse to send"
limit(that is done on purpose).  With this setup, the users only get an
annoying message about being over the size limit, and either delete it, or
ask how much are they over.  I would like to display the current mailbox
resource sizes and message count on the internal web server for the users to
look themselves.  I would like to be able to access this info realtime, but
wouldn't mind it in a flat text file either.  By the way, I'm running
Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0 SP3 and all the hotfixes.  I have the web access
installed as well w/ IIS 3.0 and all of the hotfixes for that.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Aimee Hannaford, MCSE

2. custom error messages for NDR's

3. SOS!MVP! Help me please!

4. Forwarding Problem

5. NT backup of exchange

6. Export Info from Mailbox Resources

7. How to print private info store mailbox resources?

8. Mailbox resources shows deleted mailboxes info

9. priv info store hardrive running out of space???

10. Exporting Mailbox Resource (Mailbox Size)