BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Ed » Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:11:21

Hi,

Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make the
Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration, which
T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in some
circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the Blackberry
device for new messages.

The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of this
information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean that
the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to the

sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

Ed

Post by Ed » Thu, 27 Mar 2003 02:53:14

Hi,

Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make the
Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration, which
T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in some
circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the Blackberry
device for new messages.

The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of this
information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean that
the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to the

sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

Ed

> Hi,

> Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
> Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
> the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

> What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make
the
> Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration,
which
> T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in
some
> circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the
Blackberry
> device for new messages.

> The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
> Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of this
> information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean that
> the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to
the

the
> sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

> Ed

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Michael Lamberso » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 04:33:53

Ed,

I have asked someone who knows and this is the response.

 You are right on the mark ... the caveat is that you will need to
contact T-Mobile to ensure that your smtp mailer can deliver directly
to  T-Mobile smtp gateway ...

If T-Mobile has no restrictions on their smtp gateway, then it is as
simple as configuring a carrier object for T-Mobile and an smtp
connector with T-Mobile address space ...

>Hi,

>Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
>Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
>the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

>What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make the
>Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration, which
>T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in some
>circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the Blackberry
>device for new messages.

>The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
>Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of this
>information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean that
>the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to the

>sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

>Ed

>> Hi,

>> Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
>> Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
>> the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

>> What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make
>the
>> Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration,
>which
>> T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in
>some
>> circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the
>Blackberry
>> device for new messages.

>> The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
>> Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of this
>> information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean that
>> the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to
>the

>the
>> sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

>> Ed

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Ed » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:24:39

Hello Michael,

Thanks for taking the time to respond - really.

However "I asked someone who knows ..." is an awfully vague response.   I
guess the person "who knows" is much too busy to respond here - perhaps
their time is much more valuable than the rest of us common folk who do take
the time to post here.  Perhaps the person is working on a cure for cancer
and needs to devote every waking moment to that pursuit and can't post
here - I would understand that completely !

Actually I'm waiting for a response from a MS person so I can dispell the
notion that many people have here:

Microsoft could not care less about supporting their Exchange 2003 Beta
customers.

I hope that statement is not true but apparently it is.

Again, thanks for taking the time to respond - really.  But PLEASE DON'T
don't respond any further. You see, the MS support folks (who couldn't care
less about providing support for the Exchange 2003 beta) take a response
like yours to be an answer to my post.  At that point they will not only
*not* respond, they'll pat themselves on the back about what a great
resource they think they've provided for Exchange 2003 beta support and they
will continue to delude themselves !

HELLO MICROSOFT ?  Can a person at MS who is knowledgeable on the subject
please take some time to respond to this thread.  I know that dealing with
us "customers" is probably beneath you but us common folk really do
appreciate your time.

Ed

> Ed,

> I have asked someone who knows and this is the response.

>  You are right on the mark ... the caveat is that you will need to
> contact T-Mobile to ensure that your smtp mailer can deliver directly
> to  T-Mobile smtp gateway ...

> If T-Mobile has no restrictions on their smtp gateway, then it is as
> simple as configuring a carrier object for T-Mobile and an smtp
> connector with T-Mobile address space ...

> >Hi,

> >Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
> >Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on getting
> >the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

> >What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to make
the
> >Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration,
which
> >T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in
some
> >circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the
Blackberry
> >device for new messages.

> >The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications (and
> >Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of
this
> >information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean
that
> >the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to
the

the
> >sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

> >Ed

> >> Hi,

> >> Looking for feedback from anyone with experience with the PPCPE and the
> >> Exchange 2003 AUTD (Always-Up-To-Date) functionality.  We plan on
getting
> >> the PPCPE from T-Mobile in the USA.

> >> What exactly do we need (other than the Phone and Exchange 2003) to
make
> >the
> >> Always-Up-To-Date (AUTD) sync work with Exchange. (i.e. configuration,
> >which
> >> T-mobile services, etc)  ?    This functionality is also referred to in
> >some
> >> circles as "data-push" and is what is commonly available with the
> >Blackberry
> >> device for new messages.

> >> The Exchange 2003 doc seems to indicate that for AUTD notifications
(and
> >> Server ActiveSync of the users Exchange folders) that the delivery of
this
> >> information will be to a "user entered SMTP address".  Does this mean
that
> >> the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages
> >the

unbundle
> >the
> >> sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

> >> Ed

rights.

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Rich Matheisen [MVP » Mon, 07 Apr 2003 22:50:05

                                        [ snip ]

Quote:>HELLO MICROSOFT ?  Can a person at MS who is knowledgeable on the subject
>please take some time to respond to this thread.  I know that dealing with
>us "customers" is probably beneath you but us common folk really do
>appreciate your time.

This is still primarily a peer support newsgroup. Unless you're signed
up in a beta program (and not just downloaded the publicaly available
beta) there's no "official" suport for the software.

You may find a MS person that will answer your question, but I
wouldn't count on it.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Doggy McP » Tue, 15 Apr 2003 20:49:25

Frankly Sir, you are getting more help than you deserve. Just because
you can successfully install the software does not entitle you somehow
to Microsoft's undivided attention. You should offer an appology to
those that have tried to help you in the list of groups to which
you've cross-posted.

If you are waiting for a response from an MS person I suggest install
the released product and wait on hold to talk to someone on the phone
at their support line, then you'll have a liscense to grouse.

At the moment Microsoft representatives are fully engaged supporting
properly registered participants of the Beta program transition to the
released product. After that the Beta program will be gone and you can
get paid support if you have a high-level, or time sensitive need, or
just have some money to burn.

Otherwise you'll be back here begging for support from your "peers"
whom you have already snubbed.

It never ceases to amaze me how some people will cut off their <ahem>,
nose, to spite the rest of their anatomy.

> [...]

>  that
> > >the Exchange server will bundle this type of data into email messages to
>  the

>  the
> > >sync data and process the AUTD and sync data ?

> > >Ed

>  getting

>  make
>  the
>  which
>  some
>  Blackberry

>  (and
>  this
>  that
>  the

>  unbundle
>  the

> rights.

BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

Post by Ed » Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:01:38

"Doggy McPoo" ... wasted many keystrokes ...

A big thank you (from MS) to all of their apologists in these newsgroup.

Still looking for support from MS but every day that goes by only confirms
that MS couldn't care less about supporting their Exchange beta customers
and there continue to be an apparently endless supply of apologists for
them.   Apparently your "peers" are all MS apologists so that would make
them your peers and not mine.  Please go apologize for MS in another thread,
I don't need you "pooing" on this one.

Run along doggy.

Ed

> [...]

they
> > will continue to delude themselves !

> > HELLO MICROSOFT ?  Can a person at MS who is knowledgeable on the
subject
> > please take some time to respond to this thread.  I know that dealing
with
> > us "customers" is probably beneath you but us common folk really do
> > appreciate your time.

> > Ed

> > > Ed,

> > > I have asked someone who knows and this is the response.

> > >  You are right on the mark ... the caveat is that you will need to
> > > contact T-Mobile to ensure that your smtp mailer can deliver directly
> > > to  T-Mobile smtp gateway ...

> > > If T-Mobile has no restrictions on their smtp gateway, then it is as
> > > simple as configuring a carrier object for T-Mobile and an smtp
> > > connector with T-Mobile address space ...

unbundle
> >  the

> >  getting

> >  make
> >  the
configuration,
> >  which
> >  some
> >  Blackberry

> >  (and
> >  this
> >  that
> >  the

> >  unbundle
> >  the

> > rights.

1. Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition

[...]

2. DSL non-NAT Configuration

3. BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

4. Disk Space Limits

5. E2K SP2 and Groupshield 5 - event id 9175

6. "BETA" Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

7. Full Mailbox Access to groups

8. BETA Exchange 2003 AUTD and Pocket-PC Phone Edition - (no response to original post on March 4th)

9. BETA: E2K3 on 2003 Web edition

10. BETA: OMA via Pocket PC

11. Win 2003 Exchange 2003 RC1 with Office 2003 Beta 2