NT Server Event 1016 -Not Primary Windows NT Account

NT Server Event 1016 -Not Primary Windows NT Account

Post by James Gregor » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

When we replace an old workstation, occasionally the old machine is
reassigned to someone else within the organization.  I have noticed that
even though we modify the Outlook 98 profile to open the person's mailbox
that the machine was reassigned to, I see an Application Log Event ID 1016
on the NT server where the original mailbox was located with the following
text:

"NT User DOMAIN\XYZ logged on to Doe, John mailbox, and is not the Primary
Windows NT Account on this mailbox."

In this scenario, XYZ is the new user, John Doe is the old user mailbox.  Is
there something we are overlooking in the client setup that is generating
this message?  Somehow the client knows the original Exchange Server and
mailbox that it used to connect to and is generating this error even though
it appears to not be true.

NT Server 4.0 SP5
Exchange Server 5.0 SP2

Thanks,
James Gregory

NT Server Event 1016 -Not Primary Windows NT Account

Post by Amiri Jone » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> When we replace an old workstation, occasionally the old machine is
> reassigned to someone else within the organization.  I have noticed that
> even though we modify the Outlook 98 profile to open the person's mailbox
> that the machine was reassigned to, I see an Application Log Event ID 1016
> on the NT server where the original mailbox was located with the following
> text:

> "NT User DOMAIN\XYZ logged on to Doe, John mailbox, and is not the Primary
> Windows NT Account on this mailbox."

> In this scenario, XYZ is the new user, John Doe is the old user mailbox.
Is
> there something we are overlooking in the client setup that is generating
> this message?  Somehow the client knows the original Exchange Server and
> mailbox that it used to connect to and is generating this error even
though
> it appears to not be true.

    Try deleting the old profile and creating a new one.