attachments are not going thru

Post by Riyaz Hyde » Fri, 02 May 2003 00:47:50

Hi,
I am having a touch time handle my Exchange Server 2000
with SP3, one of our branch office in a different location
access our server through Outlook Express are suddenly
started getting error messages when they try to send some
attachments, .doc, .xls, .pdf........, text messages are
going thru, but not attachments.
But let me tell you one thing that everything is OK in our
office building, only user in a remote location are having
a problem.
I guess its only POP3 which is stripping the attachments.
Thank you in advance.
Riyaz.

attachments are not going thru

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Sat, 03 May 2003 13:19:06

Riyaz,

Outlook Express has been a big call generator since IE 6 SP1 hit the
streets. See if the following article helps you:

329570 Cannot Open E-Mail Attachments in Outlook Express After You Install
SP1
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=329570

--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> Hi,
> I am having a touch time handle my Exchange Server 2000
> with SP3, one of our branch office in a different location
> access our server through Outlook Express are suddenly
> started getting error messages when they try to send some
> attachments, .doc, .xls, .pdf........, text messages are
> going thru, but not attachments.
> But let me tell you one thing that everything is OK in our
> office building, only user in a remote location are having
> a problem.
> I guess its only POP3 which is stripping the attachments.
> Thank you in advance.
> Riyaz.

1. email going thru not to all domains

Hi,

i imagine this problem is being caused by something trivial, but so far i've
been unable to figure it out.

i have exchange 5.5, sp4. setup on nt4 machine.

i can receive email for a certain user setup on that exchange, but when i
try to send email out to a user at yahoo.com from this user, i get it back,
with the following text:

---------------------------
The following recipients did not receive the attached mail. Reasons are
listed with each recipient:

 MSEXCH:IMS:MAIL:mail.company_name.com:MAIL 0 (000C05A6) Unknown
Recipient

The message that caused this notification was:

 <<RE: test>>
-------------------------

I've turned on the message tracking and have been unable to find any of
these messages, so i imagine they don't get far in the exch. server.

Also, email to some other domains go through.

And the Address space for IMS has only 1 entry:

SMTP        *        1        Organization.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Inna

2. Attachments are gone when mail is forwarded automatically ! !

3. E-mail not going thru

4. How to connect exchange 2000?

5. Attachments not going (HELP!)

6. Beta: e-mail address already exists, but it doesn't!

7. REVISED "Attachments NOT going through!"

8. Hypertext links in html formatted Outlook mail don't work

9. Attachments NOT going through!

10. PROBLEM WITH ATTACHEMENTS ATTACHMENTS ARE NOT GOING WHEN AUTOFORWARDING

11. Attachments not going out

12. Email with attachment does not go

13. attachment not going from exchange server