RPC Binding order for Exchange Login

Post by Paul » Sun, 05 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Refer to the binding of RPC issue, i would like to know which is the fastest
protocol to bind first
when using LAN (Netbuei, tcp/ip or ipx) ? Assumed these 3 protocols are in
NT Domain.

RPC Binding order for Exchange Login

Post by Alexander Nikandro » Tue, 14 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Use hosts file hence TCP/IP as first protocol

Quote:> Refer to the binding of RPC issue, i would like to know which is the
fastest
> protocol to bind first
> when using LAN (Netbuei, tcp/ip or ipx) ? Assumed these 3 protocols are in
> NT Domain.

1. Exchange still trying to use the TCP/IP Protocol after its removal from RPC Binding Order

I have been trying to install the exchange clients.   Client computers are
running win 95.  Server is NT 4.0.  I'm using Netbeui as the protocol.  I
installed the clients with Internet mail services and Exchange server.  When I
try to open outlook though, it will sit there forever.  I read the KBQ136516
article about improving windows client startup times and did remove the tcp/ip
protocol, as well as the ipx/spx protocols.    It only takes about 1 second
now to resolve the name when I click "check name".  The problem is that It
will only connect to the server which is located on the lan, after I initiate
a dial-up connection with our local ISP, which is a tcp/ip connection.  When I
remove the exchange server service, I don't have to initiate a dial up
connection to open outlook.

Any ideas?

P.S.  -- Thanks to all of you who have been helping me through this!  I havn't
had a bad piece of advice yet!  <knock on wood>  :)

2. looping problem

3. Exchange Win95 Client - Change RPC Binding order?

4. Seeking Beta Testers for Exchange AntiVirus Product

5. Exchange RPC Binding Order

6. client licenses problems

7. try rpc binding order

8. schedule to stop and retart Exchange services

9. SPX is slow on Windows 95, even after changing RPC binding order

10. RPC Binding order definition

11. Registry key for *server* RPC binding order

12. RPC Binding Order on Macintosh?

13. Slow startup of 5.0 client and RPC Binding Order