Accessing Exchange Server Address Book using CDO objects (CDO version 1.0)

Accessing Exchange Server Address Book using CDO objects (CDO version 1.0)

Post by ashwi » Tue, 26 Mar 2002 21:50:08

When I try to access the "Global Address Book" or try to login to the
MAPI Session using the CDO objects, it throws the following error for
the "CDO Version 1.0", but works fine for 1.1 onwards.

Code:
Set cdoSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
Set oNamespace = Application.GetNamespace("MAPI")
cdoSession.Logon oNamespace.CurrentUser, "", False, False, 0

Error:
"Type mismatch unable to coerce parameter value Outlook cant translate
your string."

Any alternative solution for the same? Or any particular way to login
to the MAPI Session in CDO 1.0?

Please get back.

Thanks,
Ashwini Kumar B.

1. PRB : registring a COM object as a NT Service that uses CDO objects

VC++ 6.0 SP4, Exchange 5.5, Windows 2000 Pro.

hello,

I try to registrer a COM object (.EXE) which use a Logon method from the
CDO.

Here is the compilation problem : in the menu "Project\Settings..." under
the "Custom Build" tab :

    when I set under the textbox "Command" the following macro     :
"$(TargetPath)" /Service        -> the logon from CDO failed, and the
service stay started
    otherwise
: "$(TargetPath)" /RegServer    -> the logon from CDO succeded, but the
service is unloaded when comming back

Any idea ????

Thanks in advance...

2. OWA IE5 - Unable to attach files to e-mail

3. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects on Exchange 5.5

4. Managing NDRs

5. Cannot login to exchange server account using CDO objects

6. Error message when installing

7. Assigning a Sender to a Message using CDO 1.0

8. Signature

9. CDO, Server Scripting Agents, and WorkFlow Solutions using Routing Objects

10. Seeking CDO object reference with correlated CDO PropTags / constants

11. Same Address book from Word using CDO

12. CDO Web Access - Address Book