Forms sent over Internet with definitions won't open as a form

Forms sent over Internet with definitions won't open as a form

Post by David Brickne » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Sending End:
Outlook 98, on NT 4.0 SP3. New Hire form with send definitions checked.
Sent via Exchange Server 5.5, IMS, Rich Text enabled (also Plain Text and
HTML).

Receiving End:
Outlook 98, Win 95a. Message opens as plain text.
Recevied via Exchange Server 5.0 on a Small Business Server Install.

Why do they get it as a plain text message?

I've sent this same thing to myself at home and retrieved it via POP3 and
the form worked as it should.

Any thoughts?

David Brickner

Forms sent over Internet with definitions won't open as a form

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 16 May 1998 04:00:00

Did you set RTF on the recipient address as well? Double-click the
underlined e-mail address before you send the message to check.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

>Sending End:
>Outlook 98, on NT 4.0 SP3. New Hire form with send definitions checked.
>Sent via Exchange Server 5.5, IMS, Rich Text enabled (also Plain Text and
>HTML).

>Receiving End:
>Outlook 98, Win 95a. Message opens as plain text.
>Recevied via Exchange Server 5.0 on a Small Business Server Install.

>Why do they get it as a plain text message?

>I've sent this same thing to myself at home and retrieved it via POP3 and
>the form worked as it should.

>Any thoughts?

>David Brickner

Forms sent over Internet with definitions won't open as a form

Post by David Brickne » Wed, 20 May 1998 04:00:00

Thanks Sue, that did the trick. The recipients I was trying to send to were
Custom Recipients and I had to check off the Rich text in their individual
mailboxes. It probably would have taken me a couple of more weeks before I
found the setting.

>Did you set RTF on the recipient address as well? Double-click the
>underlined e-mail address before you send the message to check.
>--
>Sue Mosher
>Author of  "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and
>"The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"
>FAQs at Exchange Center --  http://www.slipstick.com/exchange

1. Custom Form definition won't travel with the form

I'm running Exchange 5.5 and Outlook 98 and i find that i can't send custom
forms outside of our Exchange environment.

I have a custom form with vb script (the Send form definition with message
box is ticked). I can send this form to anyone in my Exchange environment
and they can see the custom form. If i send it to a clients Exchange
environment or to a stand alone Outlook 98 client the form definition is not
there and a standard mail message is seen.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance
Matt

2. distribution list bug?

3. GAL - Show this address list first "CHANGE"

4. Problem of sending form definition with item over internet

5. NT SP6a

6. Microsoft Exchange Server service hung after reboot

7. Client won't open form made with EFD

8. Web forms (sometimes) won't send

9. Can't display forms in Forms Library

10. Can't publish forms to the organizational forms library

11. Can't load form in Organization form library