Public Folder home page: "Unable to display the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation"

Public Folder home page: "Unable to display the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation"

Post by Boema » Wed, 14 Nov 2001 07:24:26

Hello

I've associated a "home page" with a Public Folder in outlook. Rather than
an html document I set the home page to a file system directory so that the
user can hit the icon for the public folder and a  windows explorer opens in
a system folder associated with the Public Folder.

When the icon next to the Public folder name is clicked on Win9X machines,
Windows Explorer pops up opening the correct system folder as designated in
the "home page .Windows 2000 machines however report:

"Unable to display the folder. You don't have appropriate permission to
perform this operation"

How do I get arround this?

Any help appreciated.

I'm running exchange server as part of Small Business Server 2000.

Tom Boeman

1. Public Folders-"Unable expand the folder"

Hi All,
I've recently installed additional Exchange2k server (same Org.,same
Routing Group), I'll call it "ServerA" and the old one will be "ServerB".
I moved all the mailboxes, public folders (by Sync.),OAB, Free/Busy to
ServerA. At this stage I didn't experience any problems (well a minor
problem with message delivery). After that I reinstalled ServerB
(OS&Exchange2k). Moved back the mentioned information (I removed it from
ServerA) and at this stage I have a problem with PF.
I'm getting this message when I try to open PF "Unable to expand the
folder. The set of folders could not be opened"
Please Help.

2. Routing local mail to a central server.

3. contact folders don't display exchange user's

4. Setting up mailboxes.

5. Public folders having "nnn records unread"

6. Exchange on a Network Appliance

7. Unable to display folder error in Public Folders - THE FIX

8. HELP: public folder corruption?

9. "unable to display folders"

10. "Unable to Display Folder" - Inbox

11. "unable to display folders"