Please Help!

Post by Ben Natan Ofi » Tue, 15 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi all!
 At work we're trying to connect Exchange 5.5 server (In NTDOM01
 domain) to
 another Exchange 5.0 server (In NTDOM02 domain), across a LAN.
 At first, we couldn't establish a connection between the two servers,
and  got a message saying something about security problem.
 We just gave a "Full Access" permissions on everything on the server in
NTDON02, but it didn't work either. We got again almost the same security
message.
 We then opened a new site in the Exchange 5.5 server, tried to
connect,  but - NADA!
 We thought it was a compatibility problem between the 5.0 and
 5.5 versions,
 so we even upgraded the 5.0 server into 5.5! (OK, we planed
 doing it anyway sometime...), but of course - nothing!
 Can someone give the basics in connecting two Exchange servers
between two domains?
 TIA,
 http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Campus/4497/
 http://www.d-net.co.il/ofir/
                             \'|'/
                           (o o)
   _____oOO___(_)___OOo_____
  /      This note was Sent from :          \

 |           ICQ ID# 8538089                  |
 |     After all -                                       |
 |     Tomorrow is a new day...           |
 \ __________________________/
                         | |    | |
                         | |    | |
                      (__)   (__)       ?

Please Help!

Post by Stidley, Joe » Sat, 19 Sep 1998 04:00:00

To clairify on this point.  All of the exchange servers in the site must use
the same exact service account on all of the machines.  So if you used
NTDOM02\ExchSrv as the service account for Exchange on the first server you
must also use NTDOM02\ExchSrv on the new server.  So that domain must be
trusted to allow that to happen.

Joel Stidley
Plano Molding Company
Network Admin

>The basics are explained in the documentation.  To add a new server to a
>site, you simply install Exchange on the new server, and specify that you
>wish to join an existing site.  You then name the existing site (must match
>exactly), and specify one of the servers already in the site.  Exchange
does
>the rest.  All servers in a site must be in domains that trust the domain
>containing the service account.  There must be RPC connectivity between the
>servers, preferably at LAN speeds at least.

>--
>Anthony

>>Hi all!
>> At work we're trying to connect Exchange 5.5 server (In NTDOM01
>> domain) to
>> another Exchange 5.0 server (In NTDOM02 domain), across a LAN.
>> At first, we couldn't establish a connection between the two servers,
>>and  got a message saying something about security problem.
>> We just gave a "Full Access" permissions on everything on the server in
>>NTDON02, but it didn't work either. We got again almost the same security
>>message.
>> We then opened a new site in the Exchange 5.5 server, tried to
>>connect,  but - NADA!
>> We thought it was a compatibility problem between the 5.0 and
>> 5.5 versions,
>> so we even upgraded the 5.0 server into 5.5! (OK, we planed
>> doing it anyway sometime...), but of course - nothing!
>> Can someone give the basics in connecting two Exchange servers
>>between two domains?
>> TIA,
>> http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Campus/4497/
>> http://www.d-net.co.il/ofir/
>>                             \'|'/
>>                           (o o)
>>   _____oOO___(_)___OOo_____
>>  /      This note was Sent from :          \

>> |           ICQ ID# 8538089                  |
>> |     After all -                                       |
>> |     Tomorrow is a new day...           |
>> \ __________________________/
>>                         | |    | |
>>                         | |    | |
>>                      (__)   (__)       ?

1. BIG PROBLEMS Please Help Please Help Please Help Please Help

2 days ago I had a Hard Drive crash on my exchange server <<<< no big deal
it was Raid 5
but after some inspection I found that the RAID backplane was screwed so a
discussion was made to create a new server and put Exchange on it.
No big Deal, configured the server renamed the old on server which was SPOCK
to SPOCK1 named the new server SPOCK now SPOCK1 is/was a BDC the new Spock
is not E-mail is up and running fine but I have noticed some residual
problems. Anywhere I had given a local group access to a mailbox they can no
longer see it. It tells them that no do not have permission to view the
mailbox. Any Ideas? please this has me stumped
If I need to make this a BDC is there any way to make a normal server a BDC
with having to completely reinstall?

Please help

2. Moving a Mailbox

3. Distribution List Help Please Help Please Help

4. Content filtering

5. Please help, PLEASE PLEASE

6. Cannot see schedule resource past two months

7. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

8. no emails to my own E2K

9. please help me with installing claint CDO please

10. PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!

11. Please, Please, HELP!

12. offline defrag, please please help

13. Can't receive email - PLEASE PLEASE HELP