Excel "Send To" not linking to the Global Address List

Excel "Send To" not linking to the Global Address List

Post by RogerTha » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:50:51

Hi folks,

Excel 2000 sr1 and Outlook 2000 sr1, (CW install.)  When
choosing File Send To in Excel, then clicking on "To", the
GAL is not displayed.  Other machines display the GAL
fine.  This one displays another dialogue box that I have
not seen before, one that allows you to add contacts but
definately does not link to the GAL.

For the heck of it, I changed the install to Internet Only
then back to Corporate-Workgroup to force it to reinstall
the MAPI subsystem.  That had no effect.

TIA,

Rog

Excel "Send To" not linking to the Global Address List

Post by Andy David [MVP » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 11:26:17

Check Internet Explorer.
Tools/Internet Options/Programs tab.
Verify that Microsoft Outlook is the default email program.

>Hi folks,

>Excel 2000 sr1 and Outlook 2000 sr1, (CW install.)  When
>choosing File Send To in Excel, then clicking on "To", the
>GAL is not displayed.  Other machines display the GAL
>fine.  This one displays another dialogue box that I have
>not seen before, one that allows you to add contacts but
>definately does not link to the GAL.

>For the heck of it, I changed the install to Internet Only
>then back to Corporate-Workgroup to force it to reinstall
>the MAPI subsystem.  That had no effect.

>TIA,

>Rog

Excel "Send To" not linking to the Global Address List

Post by Roger » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 00:09:28

That worked, thank you!

> [...]

1. objAMSession.AddressLists("Global Address List").AddressEntries returns nothing

Done this way, as outlined in kb/articles/q179/0/82.asp

    Set objAddrEntries = objAMSession.AddressLists ("Global Address
List").AddressEntries
    Response.Write(objAddressEntry.Name & "<br>")
    Response.Write("E-address: " & objAddressEntry.Address & "<br>")

I get no errors or results. Yet I can the current logged in user with

    <%= objAMSession.CurrentUser.Name %>

And

<h2>AddressList1:</h2> <b><%= objAMSession.AddressLists.Item(1) %></b><br>

shows Global Address List

And

AddressList1-1: <b><%=
objAMSession.AddressLists.Item(1).AddressEntries.Item(1). %></b><br>

shows the first item in the Global Address List

When I try to  get to the the objAddressEntry.Fields nothing shows up.

I suspect the code

    Set objAddrEntries = objAMSession.AddressLists ("Global Address
List").AddressEntries

and am wondering why it doesn't work.

Any ideas?

Ward Hammond

2. Permissions on Distribution Lists

3. Global Address List "Reverse???"

4. How2: Limit mailbox size - a workable limit ?

5. Printing "Global Address List"

6. Mail size limits

7. Global Address List "Reverse???"

8. Failure to Start Directory Service

9. Permissions on "Default Global Address List"

10. Global Address List "Reverse???"

11. Sharing a "global address list"?

12. Global Address List "Reverse???"

13. Please Help""""""""""""""