Conflict Message

Post by Barn » Wed, 10 Jan 2001 20:49:22

Hi

From time to time I get Conflict Messages generated as a result of two
people editing the same calendar entry in a public folder at the same
time.  The message generated is 'Multiple edits have been made to the
same message.  Please use an alternate client to view this message in
order to get more details'

I am using Outlook 2000 and i would like to know if there is someway I
can find out which calendar entry is causing this message to be
generated.  At the moment I have to guess which entry is a problem by
seeing who the message has been sent to so I know which people have
edited the entry.

Any help would be appreciated.

Barny

1. Public folder conflicts/conflict messages

I wonder if anyone can shed some light on what might be happening.....

I have a group of Mac users who are editing documents stored within a series
of public folders. Most only have rights to view.

I have started to get conflicts happen, and each time it shows that the
conflict is caused by only the one user. The only difference is the edit
time. The user assures me nobody else is editing at the same time, which is
backed up by the fact the conflict only lists the one user name.....

I know why conflicts occur, but I am unsure why it is occurring in this
instance. Maybe an issue with the Mac client? Of course, the Mac client
can't view the conflict form so a PC has to be used to clear the conflict.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Peter.

(If possible, please email me direct)

2. Administrator locked out of public folders

3. Public Folder Conflict Message

4. IIS3 to setup OWA

5. PR_RESOLVE_METHOD - Conflict messages

6. Error when trying to import a package

7. Conflict Message

8. Tracking Cc:s

9. Conflict Messages

10. Conflict messages with Exchange/ Outlook

11. Public Folder Conflict Message Notification

12. Conflict Message appears in a different language

13. Exchange 2000 Server Conflict Message Problem