Mac client DNS problem

Post by Rich Gran » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

  I had the same problem on some Macs the didn't have entries in our DNS
server. I just put a entry in the hosts file in the system folder to
resolve the problem. If your using Open Transport check to make sure its
using the right host file. <My Wasn't>

Rich Grant
Dir. of Technology Planning
Colgate University

> I've got a Mac PowerBook that I want to use off-site, so I've
> successfully configured a PPP dialup to call my NT server.  I
> know I'm getting a good connection because I can telnet and ping
> various addresses.

> In the "Microsoft Exchange Server" properties dialogue, I can
> type the IP address of my server, hit "Check Name," and it
> replaces the IP with the name ("Server-1").  I know I'm
> connecting, then.  Trouble is, "Server-1" doesn't mean anything
> to my Mac.  I'm not running Domain Name Servers on my network,
> and evidently it can't resolve "Server-1" to an IP address.

> I've tried adding an entry to my hosts file.  I've tried leaving
> it as an IP address.  Nothing seems to work.  Anybody have any
> ideas?

> Thanks,
> --Fred Pullen

1. Contacts, Public Folder Contacts show as messages on Mac client and PC/Mac Web access

We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and are having problems with the Macintosh
Client 8.2. The Contacts as well as Public Folders which contain Contacts
show up as messages. Even the web access shows all the public folders a
messages on both Mac and PC on the Web Part.
Any help on getting the contacts to appear properly would be appreciated.

Karl.

2. adding entries into address list

3. MAC-OS Client for MAC-OS 8.1 and later

4. HELP! Public Folders

5. SP1 Mac client for non Power Macs

6. Any way to transfer an email from outlook to a windows file folder??

7. Mac Exchange Client without installing Mac Services/Volume

8. Out of control MTA

9. Multihomed server Setting problem for Dns and Exchange client

10. DNS Problems with clients

11. Clients authenticating/ DNS problem?

12. Exchange client DNS problem - Slow startup

13. Problem with Mac clients connecting to E2000 box