Exchange - port already open ???

Post by Brian Hal » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I tried to find the Knowledge base article, but I don't think it exists
anymore.  I could not retrieve it with the Q number, or by name.

Sorry Brian Hall

Quote:

> This behavior can occur when you have the Microsoft Fax and Internet Mail
> information services installed in the same profile. This issue is
addressed
> in the following Microsoft knowledge base article.

> Title     :"The Port Is Already Open" Starting Microsoft Exchange
> Article ID: Q137933

> This article is available at the following site.
> http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q137/9/33.htm

1. Exchange Message - Port already open

When I initially start up Exchange V4.0.410.59, it tries to connect to my
ISP and then displays the message 'The port is already open'.  Once I have
acknowledged this message I can continue checking/sending messages using
the 'Deliver Now' menu option as normal.  My question is, why is this
message being displayed.  I have no conflicting resources and if I use
internet mail, there is no problem.

I hope someone can shed some light on this annoying little message!

Thanks

Mark

2. Exchange 5.0 (Driving me crazy)

3. "Port already open"