Outlook and multiple mailboxes.

Post by Ian Clar » Fri, 23 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

We host two organisations on our exchange servers, e.g. Company XYZ and
Company ABC, I've allocated users who work for both organisations two
mailboxes (rather than two email addresses for each internet domain on
the same mailbox), unfortunately outlook (or exchange) always uses the
from address from the primary mailbox when responding to emails from the
secondary mailbox, is there any way to make exchange use the secondary
mailbox reply email when responding to emails in that particular mailbox
?

Cheers

Ian
--

PPIS Development
Office-Logic Ltd. & Hi-Tech Projects Ltd.

Outlook and multiple mailboxes.

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 24 Jan 1998 04:00:00

Display the From field and select the mailbox that you want to reply from.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Exchange User's Guide" and

>Hi,

>We host two organisations on our exchange servers, e.g. Company XYZ and
>Company ABC, I've allocated users who work for both organisations two
>mailboxes (rather than two email addresses for each internet domain on
>the same mailbox), unfortunately outlook (or exchange) always uses the
>from address from the primary mailbox when responding to emails from the
>secondary mailbox, is there any way to make exchange use the secondary
>mailbox reply email when responding to emails in that particular mailbox
>?

>Cheers

>Ian
>--

>PPIS Development
>Office-Logic Ltd. & Hi-Tech Projects Ltd.
>Craven Hall, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 2PB, United Kingdom.
>Tel: +44 1756 702940  Fax: +44 1756 796406

Outlook and multiple mailboxes.

Post by Ian Clar » Wed, 28 Jan 1998 04:00:00

True,

This is one way to do it, but imagine doing this over 100 times a day,
not something a user (a) is likely to remember every time or (b) wants
to remember. It should (in theory) be able to happen automatically, i.e.
when in mailbox a, you are user a, when in mailbox b, you are user b and
switching should occur automatically. I guess this is something I'll
have to wait for... .

Cheers

Ian

1. Outlook and Multiple Mailboxes

I'm using Outlook with a Exchange 4.0 server.  I use Personal folders for
delivery and have two mailboxes open (my personal one and the Postmaster's).
When I used the Exchange client I could forward emails from the Postmasters
Global inbox.  I'm now using Outlook 8.03 and that doesn't work.  The email
just sets in my outbox?

Any ideas why Outlook can't handle this or what I need to do to make it
work?

Thanks Much
John Bowman

2. Language pack for Exchange?

3. Outlook with multiple mailboxes

4. Exchnage Server 5.5 and IMC

5. Exchange Outlook mail notification multiple mailboxes

6. Forwarding e-mail in exchange...

7. adding multiple mailboxes to a profile in Outlook

8. MSN Instant Messenger

9. Exchange Outlook mail notification multiple mailboxes

10. Multiple users accessing one mailbox on Exchange 2k and Outlook 2K

11. Sending from multiple mailboxes in outlook

12. Multiple Mailboxes in Outlook.

13. Exchange/Outlook client accessing multiple POP mailboxes?