Outlook 98 Problems

Post by Elizabeth Owus » Wed, 27 Oct 1999 04:00:00

When we switch the Out of Office Assistant (OOA) on in Outlook 98 it does
not work. From the client you can see it is definately switched on because
when you try to open Outlook it tells you the OOA is on and asks if you wish
to switch it off. No messages are issued if a user is out of the office and
another user sends a message to them.

Second problem is when the setting to notify user when new mail is received
is switched on and new mail is received the message New mail has been
received, do you wish to read it now is displayed. If you click Yes a
warning message stating the item has been deleted or moved is displayed.
When you go into the Inbox the message is still in there.

I believe there must me something going on from the server end as these
problems never existed and all of a sudden are affecting all users. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Liz

1. Outlook 98 Problem possibly associated with Server

When the Out of Office Assistant (OOA) on in Outlook 98 it does
not work. From the client you can see it is definately switched on because
when you try to open Outlook it tells you the OOA is on and asks if you wish
to switch it off. No messages are issued if a user is out of the office and
another user sends a message to them.

Second problem is when the setting to notify user when new mail is received
is switched on and new mail is received the message New mail has been
received, do you wish to read it now is displayed. If you click Yes a
warning message stating the item has been deleted or moved is displayed.
When you go into the Inbox the message is still in there.

I believe there must me something going on from the server end as these
problems never existed and all of a sudden are affecting all users. Any help
will be greatly appreciated.

2. Duplicating inbound messages

3. Exchange 5.5sp1/Outlook 98 problem

4. Restrict sending Multiple recipient e-mails

5. Very strange Outlook 98 problem

6. Standard or Enterprise?

7. OUTLOOK 98 Problems

8. SMTP, IMS Configuration question?