OL98 Automatic Name Check does not work

Post by Jim Dohert » Wed, 16 Aug 2000 04:00:00

OL98 clients connecting to Exchange 5.5 SP3 are set up to look in GAL,
Contacts Public Folder and then PAB for Addresses.

On some clients the Automatic Name Checking does not work at all. That is,
if you enter a partial name in the To: or cc: field and then either Tab to
next field do Ctrl-K the partial name is never filled in or verified.

The OL98 settings appear to be the same as a "good" OL98 client.

Any help appreciated.

Jim Doherty

--
Disclaimer

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
individuals to whom it is addressed.  Any views or opinions expressed are
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Allied
Bakeries Ltd.  If you are not an intended recipient, be advised that you
have received this communication in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of the contents is strictly prohibited.

If you have received this communication in error, please notify Allied
Bakeries Response Centre on Freephone 0800 374684 or reply to

1. Automatic Name Checking not working

In:

Tools | Options | E-mail Options | Advanced E-mail Options |

I have checked the Automatic name checking option, and it does not work.  I
also have made sure there is an address book upon which it can check the
name(s).   I looked in the registry to see if there is an option for this
setting and I could not find it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Pete.

2. Attachments

3. Q248838 - WTF?!

4. Automatic Name Checking not functioning

5. Sharing contacts

6. Automatic Name Resolution- Check Name

7. My Mailbox is showing up in all Outlook clients

8. Check names not working - Public and personal address books

9. Auto Name checking not working in Outlook 98

10. Check Name works but then clent can not find server

11. OL98 - Check Names

12. Automatic Name Checking is gone.