Adding users to exchange when they are added to domain

Adding users to exchange when they are added to domain

Post by Scott A. Lefebvr » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Yes,
you can go from User Manager to MSE Administrator or the other way.
There is a switch in User Manager that will allow you to go directly to MSE
Admin.  An important item to remember.  The machine that you do this from
(Server, BDC, PDC) must also have MSE Admin (does not have to have MSE
Server) loaded.  Also, the user adding accounts must also have proper
permissions in MSE to add users.

Hope it helps
Scott

Adding users to exchange when they are added to domain

Post by Michael Schroede » Thu, 17 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Is there a way to automatically add users to exchange when they are added
> to the domain? This seemed to happen when the exchange server was the PDC
> but now that it is moved to a different machine it nolonger happens. Is
> there someway to setup the usermanager to add exchange users as well?

Go at it the other way....

Add users to Exchange and from there, you can add them to your NT Domain...

--
Michael Schroeder, CNE

http://www.netconcept.com

Post by Noam Rathau » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

  Is there a way to automatically add users to exchange when they are
  added
  to the domain? This seemed to happen when the exchange server was
  the PDC
  but now that it is moved to a different machine it nolonger happens.
  Is
  there someway to setup the usermanager to add exchange users as
  well?

  Thanks
  Bob T.

 If u can , make the server on which the Exchange Server runs on a BDC
of that domain (I think that unfornatly u will have to reinstall the
Exchange/NT Server).
This will make everything work ;]

--
Thanks
Noam Rathaus

Adding users to exchange when they are added to domain

Post by Tommy Nobl » Fri, 18 Apr 1997 04:00:00

The trick, in case nobody else has made it clear enough, is to install MS
Exchange Administrator, which is found on the Exchange Server distribution,
and can be installed as a separate option, on the machine from which you
run User Manager for Domains.  You can also install this on a NT 3.51
workstation, provided you have User Manager for Domains installed on it
(available from the NT 3.51 Resource Kit).

Once MS Exchange Administrator has been installed alongside User Manager
for Domains, the Exchange options appear on the User Manager  menus, and
the options can be configured to add and remove MS Exchange mailboxes
(accounts) as automatically as you like.

I don't know about how this hangs together under NT 4.0 workstation, but
under the server, it works fine.  Also I don't know about versions of
Exchange server later than 4.0 (SP3).  I can't imagine it should be too
inconsistent...

Hope this helps...

Tommy Noble
Network Administrator
Law Audit Services, Inc.

Quote:> Is there a way to automatically add users to exchange when they are added
> to the domain? This seemed to happen when the exchange server was the PDC
> but now that it is moved to a different machine it nolonger happens. Is
> there someway to setup the usermanager to add exchange users as well?

> Thanks
> Bob T.

1. Adding users to exchange when they are added to domain

Yes,
you can go from User Manager to MSE Administrator or the other way.
There is a switch in User Manager that will allow you to go directly to MSE
Admin.  An important item to remember.  The machine that you do this from
(Server, BDC, PDC) must also have MSE Admin (does not have to have MSE
Server) loaded.  Also, the user adding accounts must also have proper
permissions in MSE to add users.

Hope it helps
Scott

2. Address Book View - Not Updating?

3. Block Email from spec. address

4. Exchange 2000 will not add new mail boxwhen adding a new user in AD

5. Outgoing messages remain in the Outbox

6. Adding A Mailbox after adding a user to AD

7. CDO Session Logon - hidden recipient

8. NT 4.0 Exch 5.5 add users , add mailbox

9. Adding user doesn't add mailbox in Information Store

10. Adding A Mailbox after adding a user to AD

11. trusting domain to add user IDs to Exchange mailboxes

12. add users from a nt4 trusted domain to exchange 2k