Duplicate Messages

Post by Randy Stran » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 04:54:40

I have a single user using Outlook 2002 (as a pop client)
with Exchange 5.5.  He is getting 2 copies of each
message.  I have him set up with 3 different profiles (one
for office, one for on the road using AT&T dialup, and one
for home office using broadband) with delivery to same
data (.pst)file.  The leave copy of message on the server
is not checked.  It does not happen all or every time, but
enough to be a pain.  Any ideas?

Duplicate Messages

Post by Grace Xiao [MSF » Thu, 03 Jul 2003 15:57:41

Hi Randy,

Thank you for your post.

I wonder if you configure both the POP3 email account for the same exchange
server and the Exchange mailbox account in the same profile.  Please check
if the following KB article applies to this issue.

287609 OL: All Messages Are Marked Unread After You Start Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=287609

Also this issue may occur if the .pst file is corrupt. Let's create a new
profile with a new .pst file and only configure one POP3 account in it,
does this issue occur with the new profile and new .pst file?

Q287072 OL2002: How to Create a New E-mail Profile for Outlook
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q287/0/72.asp

Please let me know if this solves the problem or if you would like further
assistance.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards,

Grace Xiao  MCSE
Online Support Professional

from your issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.'
--------------------

>Subject: Duplicate Messages
>Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 12:54:40 -0700

>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.clients

>I have a single user using Outlook 2002 (as a pop client)
>with Exchange 5.5.  He is getting 2 copies of each
>message.  I have him set up with 3 different profiles (one
>for office, one for on the road using AT&T dialup, and one
>for home office using broadband) with delivery to same
>data (.pst)file.  The leave copy of message on the server
>is not checked.  It does not happen all or every time, but
>enough to be a pain.  Any ideas?

1. Remote user getting duplicate messages

I have a remote user that is getting multiple copies of e-mail delivered to
his personal folder on his laptop. When Exchange client dials into the
server it picks up new messages and messages he has already received. They
do not show up highlighted when he receives them the second time. He's been
a good user for 1-1/2 years I don't want to have to shoot him :-) .  What
can I do to help him.

Hope (springs eternal) Schlais

2. After move mailbox the connection between the client and the server is very slowly

3. IMS Sends duplicate message

4. groups and message size

5. Duplicate messages when forwarding to Custom recipient

6. Serverbased changing of Calender access

7. Duplicate Messages Received in Exchange 2k/Outlook 2k

8. making multiple accounts..

9. Duplicate messages

10. Receiving duplicate messages

11. Duplicate Messages

12. Exchange Server 2000 - unwanted duplicate messages - help with settings

13. Duplicate Messages