Outlook Opens E-Mail Automatically

Post by Martin Ra » Thu, 01 May 2003 07:40:05

Greetings,

I have one user who is having problems with Outlook 2002
automatically opening up e-mail messages on his WXP
machine.  He can be looking at his in-box, opens an item,
and shortly thereafter, it will skip 2 e-mails and proceed
to open up at least 6 which were unread.  We have re-
loaded the client many times to no avail.  He doesn't have
any rules set up, the preview pane doesn't have any
checkmarks etc.. . .  I am at wits end on this one.  Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Martin Raz

Outlook Opens E-Mail Automatically

Post by Peter Diamon » Thu, 01 May 2003 08:15:48

My first guess would be a virus or some type of malware.
Have you scanned the machine?

Peter

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Greetings,

>I have one user who is having problems with Outlook 2002
>automatically opening up e-mail messages on his WXP
>machine.  He can be looking at his in-box, opens an
item,
>and shortly thereafter, it will skip 2 e-mails and
proceed
>to open up at least 6 which were unread.  We have re-
>loaded the client many times to no avail.  He doesn't
have
>any rules set up, the preview pane doesn't have any
>checkmarks etc.. . .  I am at wits end on this one.  Any
>help would be appreciated.

>Thanks.
>Martin Raz
>.

Outlook Opens E-Mail Automatically

Post by Robert Cray » Thu, 01 May 2003 08:23:49

This may be a long shot if the weirdness only happens in the Inbox, but
check that the Speech option is unchecked on the Tools menu.

Quote:> My first guess would be a virus or some type of malware.
> Have you scanned the machine?

> Peter

1. Email opening automatically?

Currently we are running Exchange Server 5.5.  We noticed a couple days
ago with one particular mailbox that as soon as mail arrives within 3
minutes or less it automatically opens??  For example, the user will
have a new mail message sent and the symbol (1) will be next to the
Inbox.  Without even going to the inbox the message opens and the user
no longer sees that he has new mail.  Unless someone is accessing their
account is there any other possibility??

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. Hopefully a simple OWA/ASP question

3. Disable SMTP

4. Automatically open other user's calendars on Outlook Startup

5. Setting up new Server on different domain with same priv.edb & pub.edb?

6. Display name problems.

7. automatically opening (not prompting to save or open)

8. new mail to open automatically

9. Automatically sending an outgoing email to another e-mail address