Corrupt file in INBOX

Post by Bill Kind » Sat, 05 Jul 2003 01:51:25

Getting a report by Veritas 8.5 that there is a corrupt
file in the top of the information store for
<mailboxname>, file is corrupt.

How do I go about removing(cleaning) this users mailbox?

Thanks!

Corrupt file in INBOX

Post by Melissa Travers [MSFT » Tue, 08 Jul 2003 02:15:38

Hi Bill,

If Veritas tells you which message it is, then simply delete it from the
users mailbox.

If not, either using Exmerge or the Import/Export function of Outlook,
export mailbox to pst, delete and recreate the mailbox and import the pst
file.  The import will not import corrupted messages

Hope this helps

--
Melissa Travers, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

Quote:> Getting a report by Veritas 8.5 that there is a corrupt
> file in the top of the information store for
> <mailboxname>, file is corrupt.

> How do I go about removing(cleaning) this users mailbox?

> Thanks!

1. Corrupt IMC inbox files ????

The last two nights my backup program ( Backup Exec. ) has failed.  I found
that I'm less than impressed with the logging abilities for their product.
The backup job shows the job failed and the log files say that everything
was backup OK.  After two hours, I have found the two files that are
causing the problem.  My question is are they files that Exchange needs or
are they just corrupt in messages?  The files are:

..\exchsrvr\imcdata\in\bac12a3j.
and
..\ exchsrvr\imcdata\in\bc6qybnz.

Can someone please tell me if I can delete them?

Thanks

2. Future of Mac/NT compatibility for Exchange/Outlook mail & calendar

3. how to repair inbox.idx and inbox.mbx file

4. DISASTER - corrupted priv1.edb - HELP!!!!!

5. Corrupted inbox.dbx

6. Recipiuent Update Service, legacyExchangeDN, and email addresses

7. Exchange Inbox has Corrupted Messages

8. Question...

9. Corrupt Inbox

10. Need Help Deleting Corrupt Message in Inbox

11. Corrupt Inbox?

12. Corrupt message in Outlook inbox

13. Messages disappear from inbox and return with corrupt FROM