Delayed message send option!

Post by AHK » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

Hi All:

(Platform: NT 4.0 SP5, Exchange 5.5 SP3+fixes, Outlook 2000)

I have few users that want to have "delayed send", anything they send they
want it to sit in the outbox until they manually hit "Send/Receive" (they
always forget to insert attachments before hitting send, happens....).

Anyhow, I thought I found it while looking in Tools|Options|Global
Send|Exchange Server Send (where you can specify to send in say X
minutes/hours/days etc..., but once you specify it you have to wait that
long; manually hitting send/receive won't send it. Close enough I thought)

The problem is this "Global Send" tab is not available on any other OL2000
client, only mine!, so I   must have added it somehow through some feature
or 3rd party program but just can't find it.

Any ideas, or another solutions for a delayed send feature!

Thanks

AL

Delayed message send option!

Post by Chris Scharf » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi All:

>(Platform: NT 4.0 SP5, Exchange 5.5 SP3+fixes, Outlook 2000)

>I have few users that want to have "delayed send", anything they send they
>want it to sit in the outbox until they manually hit "Send/Receive" (they
>always forget to insert attachments before hitting send, happens....).

Have them work offline.

Quote:>Anyhow, I thought I found it while looking in Tools|Options|Global
>Send|Exchange Server Send (where you can specify to send in say X
>minutes/hours/days etc..., but once you specify it you have to wait that
>long; manually hitting send/receive won't send it. Close enough I thought)

>The problem is this "Global Send" tab is not available on any other OL2000
>client, only mine!, so I   must have added it somehow through some feature
>or 3rd party program but just can't find it.

I believe it's an add-in off of a resource kit or..... might check the
deja.com/usenet archives.

Quote:>Any ideas, or another solutions for a delayed send feature!

Just beat the users senseless each time they make the mistake until
you get a replacement user, or they figure out that getting beaten
with a bat isn't as much fun as it might appear at first glance.

--
Chris Scharff, MVP-Exchange
Senior Systems Consultant

Exchange FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm

1. Delay Mail send option in Outlook has incorrect timestamp on delivery

When a user creates an email with Outlook 2000 (no other
clients used) and sets the option to not send before
(sometime in the future) - when the email is delivered, it
shows the time that the email was created in the recieved
field, not the time it arrived.
I have been told by Microsoft Free online support that
this is an error with Exchange SP-2.
I am wondering if anyone else has had this same problem,
and has come to a resolution with it. If so, please place
the comment here and cc: to my email address above.
Thanks!

2. IIS lockdown and Hotfixes can break OWA - here is the fix

3. Delivery options-delay send not working

4. Restoring Exchange 5.5 to a W2K server

5. SMTP Delay in sending message

6. eseutil /d /priv.edb ....How do you tell it...

7. Delayed messages sent only after server reboot

8. ADSI .NET and paging

9. Time Wrong on Delay Sent Messages

10. Delays in sending SMTP messages

11. Messages Set for Delayed Delivery Sent at Wrong Time

12. Delayed send/receipt of messages

13. Time delay on messages sent to distribution list?