"Not enough memory" error on enough memory system

"Not enough memory" error on enough memory system

Post by Putta V Anan » Thu, 29 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
We have a Winnt server running Oracle database. Server have 1GB of
memory and 3 GB of virtual memory and enough free space in harddisk.
One of our oracle programs uses Exchange Client (mapi) to send
informations automatically to our customers.

Here is the problem, Exchange client(Inbox) says "There is not enough
free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then
try again." (MAPI 1.0 (000004C9)). I am wondering how it says in this
system.

Any clues...

--
Putta V Anand
Exchange Administrator

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

"Not enough memory" error on enough memory system

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 30 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,
>We have a Winnt server running Oracle database. Server have 1GB of
>memory and 3 GB of virtual memory and enough free space in harddisk.
>One of our oracle programs uses Exchange Client (mapi) to send
>informations automatically to our customers.

>Here is the problem, Exchange client(Inbox) says "There is not enough
>free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then
>try again." (MAPI 1.0 (000004C9)). I am wondering how it says in this
>system.

>Any clues...

Sounds like the Exchange install is corrupt. Try uninstalling and
reinstalling it.

"Not enough memory" error on enough memory system

Post by Greg Aske » Sun, 01 Aug 1999 04:00:00

You probably have the incorrect MAPI32.DLL.

Right-click on it, select Properties.  What is the version,
who is the vendor, etc.  Several applications (incorrectly)
overwrite MAPI32.DLL with older versions.  Netscape is the
most recent and frequent offender of this.  You could simply
replace the MAPI32.DLL from a functioning Exchange client
workstation if it is different.
Greg Askew

--

Quote:> Hi,
> We have a Winnt server running Oracle database. Server have 1GB of
> memory and 3 GB of virtual memory and enough free space in harddisk.
> One of our oracle programs uses Exchange Client (mapi) to send
> informations automatically to our customers.

> Here is the problem, Exchange client(Inbox) says "There is not enough
> free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then
> try again." (MAPI 1.0 (000004C9)). I am wondering how it says in this
> system.

> Any clues...

> --
> Putta V Anand
> Exchange Administrator

1. Weird "not enough memory/system resources".

After installing Exchange with or without SP2 and rebooting (but not
before rebooting), I always get a "Not enough memory or system
resources" message even when just right clicking on the icon and
selecting properties (and on normal double-clicking on the icon).
Yet I have a 64MB RAM and plenty of disk space.

The same message occurs even if I disable all autostart programs, etc.
Interestingly, I have no problem running any other program, including
notorious hogs for resources such as Photoshop.

2. Exchange and Paging

3. "Not enough memory/resources".Not so.

4. WEB client access returns "Failed to get Inbox" error

5. "...not enough system resources..."-Error when opening Exchange Administrator

6. Sending email to a DL from the outside

7. Not enough memory errors

8. reply to address not displayed correctly

9. owa not responding, not enough memory

10. selecting "Managed by" is not enough

11. "Not enough Client Licenses"

12. "M:" disk space is not enough