Junk mail to deleted mailboxes

Post by AI » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 21:37:42

Hello,

Please refer to XCON: MTA Returns NDR for Deleted Mailbox when Message Sent
to DL (Q194504) at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q194504
and "XCON: How to Manually Flush Message Transfer Agent Distribution List
Cache (Q262211)" at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q262211
for a possible solution.

Regards,
Intermedia.NET (AI)
Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider
Providing expertise in hosting applications
MS Exchange Hosting: http://www.intermedia.net/exchangehosting
Windows 2000 Web Hosting:  http://www.intermedia.net/webhosting
For a waiver of the set up fee use "IMFREE" code

Quote:

> What is the best way to deal with emails which are sent to
> mailboxes that have been deleted due to the person having
> left the company ? The messages are received on a regular
> basis, probably due to the person having joined a mailing
> list. Due to the mailbox not existing anymore, they are
> instead sent to the postmaster and are an annoyance.

> Thanks,
> Saima Shaikh

Junk mail to deleted mailboxes

Post by <fu.. » Sun, 17 Feb 2002 06:24:19

Block the domain.

Quote:>-----Original Message-----

>What is the best way to deal with emails which are sent
>mailboxes that have been deleted due to the person having
>left the company ? The messages are received on a regular
>basis, probably due to the person having joined a mailing
>list. Due to the mailbox not existing anymore, they are
>instead sent to the postmaster and are an annoyance.

>Thanks,
>Saima Shaikh
>.

1. Junk mail rule deletes non-junk mail

Hi,

I have several users who set up rules in Outllook 98 to have junk mail sent
automatically to thier deleted items folders.  They found though that
legitimate messages were being deleted automatically.  Turning off that mail
rule stops the deletions, but of course also allows junk mail through?  Any
ideas?  Is this an Outlook problem?

Thanks...

2. Company Newsgroup question again

3. Junk not moving to Junk E-mail folder

4. Change site name with out reloading Exchange Server?

5. forwarding undeliverable or junk mail to Administrator mailbox

6. exchange guru's help

7. delete 60k mails w/out deleting mailbox

8. Strange problems with appointments created by CDO

9. junk email and deleted account

10. Unable to delete certain junk email

11. Mail from deleted mailboxes goes to mailbox at top of list

12. Junk Mail or unknown mail