SPAM that does not have my address

Post by Paul » Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:30:01

I am getting a regular dose of Spam from various places that are addressed
to ie;

while they don't have my proper address. Obviously my address is in there
somewhere, but the addresses are always different. The only way I can think
of stopping them would be from the Delivery Restrictions tab of the IMC in
Exchange Administrator which I don't think will work anyway.
Any suggestions please?

SPAM that does not have my address

Post by ARO » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 04:51:19

They have your address as it end up in your mailbox, and they address you in

and thats the only address the reciever can see.

Anders

> I am getting a regular dose of Spam from various places that are addressed
> to ie;

inbox
> while they don't have my proper address. Obviously my address is in there
> somewhere, but the addresses are always different. The only way I can
think
> of stopping them would be from the Delivery Restrictions tab of the IMC in
> Exchange Administrator which I don't think will work anyway.
> Any suggestions please?

SPAM that does not have my address

Post by Paul » Wed, 07 Mar 2001 06:41:17

Of course... thanks.

Any idea how to stop them? I suppose if you did you would be a millionare.

> They have your address as it end up in your mailbox, and they address you
in

> and thats the only address the reciever can see.

> Anders

> > I am getting a regular dose of Spam from various places that are
addressed
> > to ie;

> inbox
> > while they don't have my proper address. Obviously my address is in
there
> > somewhere, but the addresses are always different. The only way I can
> think
> > of stopping them would be from the Delivery Restrictions tab of the IMC
in
> > Exchange Administrator which I don't think will work anyway.
> > Any suggestions please?

SPAM that does not have my address

Post by Lanwenc » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 00:24:32

You are part of a BCC list. You can use 3rd party utilities to try to take
care of this, but there's not much you can do anyway. Just hit delete.

> I am getting a regular dose of Spam from various places that are addressed
> to ie;

inbox
> while they don't have my proper address. Obviously my address is in there
> somewhere, but the addresses are always different. The only way I can
think
> of stopping them would be from the Delivery Restrictions tab of the IMC in
> Exchange Administrator which I don't think will work anyway.
> Any suggestions please?

1. Stopping spam relay on exchange 5.5 with still having routing funcitons

I've setup an exchange server using the routing functions to route mail for

and when it comes in, it get's routed through a custom recipient, and goes

It's working beautifully however, now I'm trying to stop people from using
my mail server as a spam relay.  I've read the release notes, and some of
the whitepapers out there on stopping this.  However when I make the changes
recommended, it stops my mail from being routed as well.

Is there a way to have an approved list of destination sites to relay to(my
dozen domains) and then bar all others from relaying to?

Thanks for the help,

Michael Julson
IKON Office Solutions

2. dial wont work

3. spam or not spam

4. Where's the old OWA GUID logon?

5. SPAM delivered to mailboxes not addressed in header

6. OWA New Install

7. spam or not the spam

8. how quoting replyed message.

9. Filtering spam email addresses not working!

10. $$$ MAKE MONEY $$$ SPAM SPAM SPAM

11. Spam, Spam, Spam

12. $$$ MAKE MONEY $$$ SPAM SPAM SPAM