Server rules

Post by Ovidiu Tanjal » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:19:31

Hello,
I have a MS Exchange 2000 Server with MS Outlook 2002. The problem is that
even I can create client side rules I do not see any option to create server
rules. Do you know how I ca create server rules and eventually to save the
actual client rules to the server?
Thank you,
Ovidiu Tanjala

Server rules

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 01:53:31

This is decided by the rule itself - Outlook determines whether it's a
server or client side rule. You can't change this.

> Hello,
> I have a MS Exchange 2000 Server with MS Outlook 2002. The problem is
> that even I can create client side rules I do not see any option to
> create server rules. Do you know how I ca create server rules and
> eventually to save the actual client rules to the server?
> Thank you,
> Ovidiu Tanjala

Server rules

Post by Andy David [MVP » Fri, 04 Jul 2003 02:53:01

The nature of the rule determines if it is a client or server-based
rule.
http://www.slipstick.com/rules/serverbased.htm

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 12:19:31 -0400, "Ovidiu Tanjala"

>Hello,
>I have a MS Exchange 2000 Server with MS Outlook 2002. The problem is that
>even I can create client side rules I do not see any option to create server
>rules. Do you know how I ca create server rules and eventually to save the
>actual client rules to the server?
>Thank you,
>Ovidiu Tanjala

1. Client Rules to Server Rules

Hi

I've recently moved a customer from standalone outlook to running on an
exchange server, and he has about 500-600 rules. Outlook 2000 & SBS 2000
(Exch 2000)

Exporting these before the upgrade and re-importing them after being
connected to the exchange server seems to have brought the rules in but all
of the "move to folder x" details seem to have been lost.

Does anyone know of any easy way of doing a batch find/replace etc. or
similar, to avoid manually editing all of the rules?

Many thanks for any help

Nick

2. offline outlook sync times

3. Client/Server Rules

4. Outlook unable to log on to Exchange (5.5) Server

5. office 2000 known problem?

6. Query ! - Exchange Server Rules - not fully working

7. Public Folder Replication

8. Special Server Rule Wanted..

9. MSX 5.5, Server Rules ?, Address Convention ?

10. Setting custom actions on server rules

11. * Server Rule Need Help *

12. Server rules?