is it possible to retrieve deleted messages

is it possible to retrieve deleted messages

Post by sam » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 03:22:49

Hello,

A coworker accidentally deleted folders that were located
underneath the deleted items folder. When he emptied the
trash, it also deleted the sub folders. Is there a way to
retrieve the deleted folders?

Thanks in Advance,

Sam

is it possible to retrieve deleted messages

Post by Susan VanAlle » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 04:07:51

If you have deleted item retention enabled on the store, the user can go to
outlooks tools menu>>recover deleted items.
--
hth,
SusanV

Quote:> Hello,

> A coworker accidentally deleted folders that were located
> underneath the deleted items folder. When he emptied the
> trash, it also deleted the sub folders. Is there a way to
> retrieve the deleted folders?

> Thanks in Advance,

> Sam

is it possible to retrieve deleted messages

Post by sam » Fri, 11 Jul 2003 05:00:38

THanks for the help.

:o)

1. Newbie Question: Exchange 5.5, expiring and deleting messages that will never be retrieved

Thank you for taking the time to read my question.

I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 and my goal is to have incoming messages expire and
be deleted. I am using my Exchange server as a "relay" for Blackberry
devices. My actual email server is a Linux box running Sendmail. The Linux
box stores and forwards to the Exchange server which sends out the email to
the wireless devices. Because of the size of our organization, and the fact
that we only have a few Blackberry users, we opted to use Sendmail for our
general email use and Exchange to supplement our few Blackberry users.
Blackberry Server does not run on Sendmail. The reason I need to figure out
how to do this is because the messages on the Exchange server are never
retrieved. I have been manually deleting them weekly but I wish to automate
this. When I downloaded and installed Sp4 I though I had read that this sort
of feature was now available but I am not sure. Any suggestions, answers or
hints would be most appreciated.

Many thanks,
Carsten

2. Mail connectivity

3. Possible to delete message outside of Outlook?

4. I can recieve Email from my ISP SBS2000

5. POP3 retrieving with MSExchage now possible for FREE!!

6. Exchange Server

7. outbount email stay in outbox but I am able to receive email

8. Deleted messages, deleted item retention time, and recovering deleted items

9. I am stupid - Deleted 2GB of transaction logs