exceeded storage allocation

Post by reite » Thu, 01 May 2003 03:24:23

Hi folks,

we upgrade to exchange 2000: a colleague tried to send a
mail attaching a file ob about 19mb. as a result he got
the error message : exceeded storage allocation.

what does this mean? can anybody help me solving this
issue!
thank you!

exceeded storage allocation

Post by Scott Fellman [MSFT » Tue, 06 May 2003 04:52:42

You will want to check the user's mailbox size limitations in the ESM.

--
Scott Fellman
Microsoft

Quote:> Hi folks,

Post by Jody Tipto » Thu, 05 Jun 2003 18:57:18

Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>Hi folks,

>we upgrade to exchange 2000: a colleague tried to send a
>mail attaching a file ob about 19mb. as a result he got
>the error message : exceeded storage allocation.

>what does this mean? can anybody help me solving this
>issue!
>thank you!
>.

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever find the
answer to fix it?

exceeded storage allocation

Post by Lanwench [MVP - Exchange » Fri, 06 Jun 2003 00:30:37

Exceeded storage allocation sounds like a message from the recipient's
server that their mailbox is too full or the attachment size was too big.

Note that a 19MB file is really too big to attach - use FTP for that
instead. Even if you don't have any limits set, the recipient's server may,
and you're going to have a lot of trouble passing anything that big through
all the various routes the message will have to take to get to their
server....

1. 552 Requested mail action aborted: exceeded storage allocation

As far as I am aware the address for local NDR delivery must be a mailbox and not a group/distribution list.  We were caught be this too, which I feel is a backward step from Exchange 5.5.

Regards,
Stephen

Running Ex2kSP2.
I have created a group called 'postmasters' and given them the address

I can mail to this group using the postmaster address without problems.
I have enabled copying NDRs to this smtp address on my SMTP virtual servers
but NDRs NEVER get copied to this group?
The NDR does get generated and sent to the sender, but never gets copied to
the postmaster.

Why?
I have scoured technet and can find nothing on this problem.
Has anyone else had difficulties getting NDRs copied to another address?

Al Blake, Australia

2. Migration from Lotus Notes

3. Error 552 exceeded storage allocation

4. Outlook 98

5. Exchange 5.5 exceeded storage allocation

6. information store

7. exceeded storage allocation

8. Gateway admin programming question

9. Exchange 5.5 exceeded storage allocation

10. SMTP 552 exceeded storage allocation

11. 552 exceeded storage allocation?

12. 552 Requested Mail action aborted: Exceeded Storage Allocation

13. exceeded storage allocation