Exchange user policy

Post by nyugat » Sat, 18 Nov 2000 04:00:00

I need to work out an exchange server user policy regarding to mailbox
sizes, and other limitations. I would like to know what you think as best
practices regarding to this and help me on the followings:
- What are the problems associated with having no Exchange server storage
policies?
- Worst case, how long will it take to restore a crashed Exchange server if
we have no storage limits?
- Are there any performance or accessability problems associated with having
no storage limits?
- What are the costs associated with having no storage limits?
- What are the options for restoring files in the future, in case people
need to restore some essential email that was removed as a result of the new
policy?
- What options do users have for storing old email on their desktop
computer? How does that affect their ability to access that data?
- Is there some way to automagically archive old mail to a .pst file,
instead of deleting it?

Thanks a bunch....

Nyugati

1. Exchange user policy

[...]

2. Error

3. forwarding mail

4. Exchange 5.5 sp4 Automate email of corp policy for New Users

5. Message size

6. Exchange server user policy

7. ERROR: ms server computer could not be located

8. Default Mailbox store policy vs Individual Mailbox Store Policy

9. Recipient policies based on group policy

10. Default Policy In Recipients Policy

11. Domain Security Policy / Domain Controller security Policy

12. Clearing Automatically Update email policies based on recipient policies in code