Mail Enabled Public folder unable to send autoreply to internet senders

Mail Enabled Public folder unable to send autoreply to internet senders

Post by Rick Fowl » Sat, 02 Nov 2002 08:18:22

Hello,

I have an Exchange 2000 server with a mail enabled public folder. The
folder is setup with two rules: 1) to send a notification to one user
on the Exchange organization notifying them of mail arriving in the
mail enabled public folder, and 2) to send a canned reply (template)
to the sender of the email.

At this point, I am able to send email to the mailbox and receive
replies if I am a user on the Exchange organization. However, if I
send from a non-org member, ie the internet, then a reply is not sent,
or at the least, not received. The notification rule is working
perfectly.

I have read that by default, Exchange 5.5 disabled this ability for
the Internet Mail Service to send out Auto Reply messages, but that it
could be turned on. Is there a way to do this in Exchange 2000?

this one or need more info. Much thanks.

Rick

1. cannot send SMTP mail to mail-enabled Public Folders

I have a new Exchange org, created 2 mail-enabled public
folders, both have valid SMTP addresses.  I am getting
bounce-backs when trying to send external mail to these
folders, saying that the message got to my server but
delivery was refused.  The folders do receive mail that
originates internally (non-SMTP) and SMTP mail flows fine
to individual mailboxes outside the public store, so I
don't belive it to be an SMTP connectivity issue.
Anything I'm missing here?

2. No permission to send

3. Unable to successfully Mail-Enable Public Folders

4. None

5. Send-On-Behalf-Of for a Mail Enabled Public Folder

6. edbutil error number -1907

7. Sending Email to Mail-enabled public folder does not work

8. How to setup 2 Domain in Exchange 5.5

9. unable to send mail to a public folder from outside

10. Unable to send mail to a public folder from outside

11. E-mail addresses for mail enabled Public Folders are not automatically created

12. Mail enabled public folders are not receiveing mail

13. Mail enabled public folder remains in global address book after mail disable