Name could not be resolved

Post by Kath » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 06:27:53

I have 2 systems that cannot run Exchange as a service
within outlook 2000.

The OS on the systems is WIN2K Pro.
The PDC is a WIN2K Server, and the Exchange server is
version 5.5.

Both systems can run POP without issue, but when
attempting to run Exchange it fails.

At the Check Name portion of the service configuration
there is an immediate error that reads "The name could not
be resolved.  The Microsoft Exchange Address Book was
unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
computer.  Contact your system administrator if the
problme persists."

Both systems can ping the server by name (DNS) and both
are successfully logging onto the domain.

On one system I have uninstalled nad reinstalled office in
an attempt to resolve the issue, however the failure still
occurs.

The error message pop-ups so quickly it appears that the
Exchange server is never actually polled for
authentication.

Any help would be great.

Thank you,
Kathy Ropes

972-446-9990 (Extension 218)

Name could not be resolved

Post by Al Mulnic » Thu, 10 Jul 2003 10:01:07

WINS?  Short name resolution is required, so this sounds like a name
resolution issue.  Possibly with DNS that is being used by that workstation.

Al

> I have 2 systems that cannot run Exchange as a service
> within outlook 2000.

> The OS on the systems is WIN2K Pro.
> The PDC is a WIN2K Server, and the Exchange server is
> version 5.5.

> Both systems can run POP without issue, but when
> attempting to run Exchange it fails.

> At the Check Name portion of the service configuration
> there is an immediate error that reads "The name could not
> be resolved.  The Microsoft Exchange Address Book was
> unable to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server
> computer.  Contact your system administrator if the
> problme persists."

> Both systems can ping the server by name (DNS) and both
> are successfully logging onto the domain.

> On one system I have uninstalled nad reinstalled office in
> an attempt to resolve the issue, however the failure still
> occurs.

> The error message pop-ups so quickly it appears that the
> Exchange server is never actually polled for
> authentication.

> Any help would be great.

> Thank you,
> Kathy Ropes

> 972-446-9990 (Extension 218)

1. Name could not be resolved / Name kann nicht aufgel?st werden

Fehler: Auf meinem Asus P2DS-board lag die Prozessor- und IRQ-Auslastung
nach Installation von Windows2000 Professional weit ber allen Normen.
Daher: Win2k mit Standard-PC-HAL (kein ACPI-HAL!!!)
"drberinstallieren" (Installation von der CD starten und vorhandene
Installation "reparieren"), jetzt war die Auslastung wieder im grnen
Bereich.

Aber: Der Outlook2000 Exchange-Clientdienst konnte sich nicht mehr am
Server anmelden...auch nach allen m?glichen Experimenten mit den
Outlook-Profiles

L?sung: Netzwerkdienste deinstallieren (Netzwerkclient, TCP/IP
Protokoll...) - neustarten - Netzwerkdienste neu installieren...

und siehe da: Exchange-Verbindung klappt wieder!!!
If you re-installed Win2k over an existing configuration with Outlook
and you can not connect to an Exchange Server anymore, just deinstall
all Network-Services including TCP/IP (in the LAN-connection
properties), reboot, reinstall the Network services again and voil-the
Exchange Server is accessible again!

greetz
Walther Hillbrand

2. Printing all contents of an Outlook folder to Excel

3. Cannot Resolve Name, Name not found in Address list

4. Exchange 2000 conferencing !!!!

5. The name could not be resolved, The action could not be completed

6. folders unable to be displayed

7. Name can not be resolved

8. exodbpc.dll not aligned - error

9. OWA not resolving names

10. name not resolved exchange bug or ???????

11. Help!! Exchange Server Name could not be resolved

12. Name Not resolved

13. Name could not be resolved