Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts

Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts

Post by Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook » Thu, 11 Mar 1999 04:00:00

You might want to standardize the category list across the machines via
registry imports.

>Hi all

>We have a shared contact list in our company (shared as a Public Folder).
Is

Post by Richard Cheun » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Hi all

We have a shared contact list in our company (shared as a Public Folder). Is
there any way we can create distribution lists with these contact items for
mass emails/faxing??

I have looked at the categories feature, however the categories list changes
from machine to machine, and is not consistent across the network, which is
what we want to achieve.  Is the only way to do this going back to Personal
Address Book? That would defeat the purpose as that is not "shared"

Please email and/or post any replies!! Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

-Richard Cheung

Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts

Post by Chris Schar » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Outlook 2000 will support DLs in public folders.. not much help now
though.

My close personal friend "Richard Cheung"

>Hi all

>We have a shared contact list in our company (shared as a Public Folder). Is
>there any way we can create distribution lists with these contact items for
>mass emails/faxing??

>I have looked at the categories feature, however the categories list changes
>from machine to machine, and is not consistent across the network, which is
>what we want to achieve.  Is the only way to do this going back to Personal
>Address Book? That would defeat the purpose as that is not "shared"

>Please email and/or post any replies!! Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

>-Richard Cheung

Creating Distribution Lists/Mailiing Lists in shared contacts

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Fri, 12 Mar 1999 04:00:00

It's actually pretty simple to set up a required categories list on a custom
Contact form. I have a beta version that I can e-mail you if you're

--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Exchange and Outlook FAQs at http://www.slipstick.com/exchange/

Quote:> Hi all