"Sent" date and time seems to be off for messages sent over the Internet.

"Sent" date and time seems to be off for messages sent over the Internet.

Post by BarleyFun » Fri, 06 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I've had this same problem since I started using Exchange earlier
this year . It makes work very difficult when you depend on time
sensitive responses. I tried the switching of my time zone trick
from PST to GMT in Win95, but then only about a 1/3 of all messages came
out with the correct send and receive times. I keep both
send and receive times at the top of my columns so I can try to
decipher the "real" time that something was sent, but sometimes
I can't even tell from these two since it may read Sent at 8:48am and
Received at 8:44am when the actual time sent was 4:48pm....go figure!

Anyways, if anyone comes up with a real fix, let us all know.
BTW I'm running Exchange ver. 4.0.994.56

Sloan S. Venables

http://www.vectorg.com
http://www.sloansterling.com

> I have the same problem only in Windows 95, and not in Windows NT 4.0.  My POP3
> server is on Netcom. Anyone else have the same problem?

> >> has already subtracted 8 hours off the GMT time, Exchange subtracts
> >> another 8 hours. I have never been able to get anybody to officially

1. "Sent" date and time seems to be off for messages sent over the Internet.

I've had this same problem since I started using Exchange earlier
this year . It makes work very difficult when you depend on time
sensitive responses. I tried the switching of my time zone trick
from PST to GMT in Win95, but then only about a 1/3 of all messages came
out with the correct send and receive times. I keep both
send and receive times at the top of my columns so I can try to
decipher the "real" time that something was sent, but sometimes
I can't even tell from these two since it may read Sent at 8:48am and
Received at 8:44am when the actual time sent was 4:48pm....go figure!

Anyways, if anyone comes up with a real fix, let us all know.
BTW I'm running Exchange ver. 4.0.994.56

Sloan S. Venables

http://www.vectorg.com
http://www.sloansterling.com

2. Disaster Recovery

3. Email to different domain to appear in the Global Address List

4. How to remove routing group connectors from migrated 5.5 upgrade

5. "Date sent" through SMTP

6. OWA Installation!

7. "received" time off by 5 hours

8. OWA sent items - are "sent by" not "sent to"

9. OWA error - "Failed to send message", attachment problems

10. Outbox will not release "sent" messages

11. OWA error -- "Failed to send message", attachment problems