MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by Thomas Wagenhause » Fri, 28 May 1999 04:00:00

First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
me a little.
I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
possible.

Thanks in Advance.

MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by Sue Mosher [MVP » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

There is a rather nice migration utility called MaX Migrator that is
designed for exactly this situation. See http://www.c2c.co.uk.
--
Sue Mosher
Author of "The Microsoft Outlook E-mail and Fax Guide"

Quote:

> First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
> me a little.
> I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
> need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
> need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
> department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
> Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
> servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
> what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
> Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
> possible.

> Thanks in Advance.

MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

Post by robd » Sat, 29 May 1999 04:00:00

There's a product called MaX Migrator that auto forward mail from MS Mail to
Exchange during the migration process. Seems to be widely used. You can find
it at http://www.c2c.com

Rob

>First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
>me a little.
>I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
>need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
>need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
>department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
>Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
>servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
>what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
>Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
>possible.

>Thanks in Advance.

1. MS Mail to MS Exchange 5.5 Migration

First time posting to this news group,  hoping that someone could help
me a little.
I currently run a Microsoft Mail server supporting 200+ users that I
need to migrate to Microsoft Exchange 5.5 sp2.  The problem is, that I
need to have both servers running st the same time so that the IT
department can take their time migrating everyone's settings to the
Exchange Server in Outlook.  I need the mail to be able to send to both
servers so that the recepients are able to grab their mail no matter
what server their on, and the user names are set up differently on MS
Mail than Exchange.  If anyone can help, please respond as soon as
possible.

Thanks in Advance.

2. Intermittent connectivity problem

3. mail forward to an external e-mail address

4. MS-Mail to Exchange 5.5 Migration - Calander Migration

5. your opinion of SP4

6. Macintosh client migration (MS Mail PAL->MS Exchange PAB)

7. MS Mail to MS Ex Migration